Chapter 8: Telling Them (Part ll)

Lau's POV:
We sat on the couch and waited for Jennifer.

Larry: Bro, I thought she staying here wit some guy.

Lau: Man me to. I was upset when she say she has someone... Bro, I think I like her.

Larry: Yeah, me to. She different, you know.

Lau: Yup she...

I was cut off by someone clearing their troat making me and my brother turn. My eyes landing on the baby she was carrying.

Jennifer: Lau, larry this is... my daughter.

*Lau's thoughts: Did I hear right*

Lau: What?

Jennifer: This is my daughter.

She repeated herself. I step closer to her, looking at the baby and back at her seeing that they do have some similarities. I was devastated of what my ears hear.

Lau: Oh, um what's her name?

Jennifer: This is Grace, Grace Martinez.

Lau: May I.

She hands her to me while taking Grace's tiny body in my hands I soon start to think who this lucky guy was, to have such a beautiful lady that is so loyal to herself and others, stand here before my presence.

Larry: She beautiful, can I hold her too.

Jennifer: Sure larry.

Lau: *hands the baby to larry* How old she is?

I say while still looking at grace, touching her little hands.

Jennifer: 2 weeks and 3 days. We'll 4 days counting today, but today is just the morning hasn't been 24 hours yet.

Lau: So you saying you give birth to her 3 or 4 days before you start working here for us, for two weeks.

Jennifer: Uh, yea is there something wrong.

I didn't understand like nothing, nothing at all.

Jennifer: Let me explain. May 11 at 12:00 on the dot it was a Friday, I have gave birth to my beautiful daughter. I stayed there for 3 days, Me knowing that I had to stay there and heal. On may 13 one of the doctor's told me they want to keep my baby there for at least 2 weeks, I asked them why? They said because there was something wrong with her breathing and they wanted to check if she had any other health conditions. *watery eyes* So I okayed them telling it was fine, then telling one of the doctors that I couldn't stay here because I needed to find a job to support me and her. So on Monday, I went to school and made some flyers for a job as a housekeeper I got out and put them up, it was now getting kind of late so I went walking back to the apartment. It was about 2:30 or 2:39 in the morning when somebody called me which was larry saying if I was still available I said yes we was talking for a little bit until we finally ended to conversation. I went to school whatever, whatever as I was heading back to the apartment I see boxes in front of my door then seeing a paper, it was an eviction notice *tear running down her check*, thinking of were we were going to live, so I went to the public restrooms doing my hygiene to come here which was on Tuesday, right.