Chapter Two

Thanks for the lovely reviews!

Chapter Two: The Return to Hogwarts

Finally it was time to head back to Hogwarts. I honestly could not believe it was my fifth year. The year of my O.W.L.'s. I wondered if anything would go wrong this year. Perhaps I should ask, 'what' will go wrong this year, considering something bad has happened every year I've been at Hogwarts. 

The second we arrived back to the Burrow, Harry told Ginny and I what happened. They followed Draco to Borgin and Burkes, from there the shades were shut and they lost him. So nothing really. Yet Harry formed a new conflusion, he believes that Draco Malfoy is a Death Eater. I didn't believe him, not a bit. Sure Draco was cold and seemed to be even colder this year, but I never saw him as violent. Hermione, Ron, and Ginny didn't believe him either, which surely pissed him off. He brought up how Draco flinched his arm away from Madame Malkin but that was just Draco being his usual picky self. Plus, I've run into him at Borgin and Burkes before, it wasn't his first time going to that shop. Harry simply hated Draco and thought the worst. 

"Hurry, the car is leaving!" called Mr. Weasley. I was upstairs shoving a few more things into my bag when I met Ginny out in the hall to go downstairs. We were talking two muggle cars to King's Cross. I loved riding in muggle cars. They were so fascinating. I can't imagine ever operating one, they seemed to be very dangerous. 

"He is," I heard Harry snap towards Ron in the back seat. He was probably talking about Draco again. I turned back to look out the window and continued petting my little pygmy puff Clover. There was just no way Draco Malfoy was a Death Eater. I wouldn't believe it.

After a long ride to King's Cross Station, we got out and rushed to Platform 9 3/4. It was interesting being in a big group this time. Usually I was by myself. We had to be careful with all of the muggles around. We didn't want them to see all of us disappear at once. Ginny and I went together, following behind Harry and Ron. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley followed shortly after. "Alright now behave," she said hugging each and everyone of us. "And be safe."

Mr. Weasley was off talking to Harry, probably telling him to be very careful. This was the first year back to Hogwarts where everyone knew the Dark Lord had returned. It was scary really. After the Weasley's left, Ginny spotted Dean from a far. She turned to look at me. "Go," I said with a simple laugh. She widely smiled and rushed over to Dean, hugging him tightly. 

Then I was alone, but as I looked around I noticed a lot of students were looking at me. More than ever. What changed? As they passed, they sort of stepped away from me. One mother put her hand around her child's waist as she passed and pulled them aside. How strange. "Everyone knows you know," came the pompous voice of Maeve. I turned to look at my ex-best friend standing there with a few others. 

"Knows what?" I questioned.

"Knows about your father of course," she replied rolling her eyes. "That he's a Death Eater." I blanked for a second. No wonder I was getting all the strange looks. I figured it would come out eventually, but not until after the war was over. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, or Ginny wouldn't have told anyone. Who could have found this out so suddenly? Then it hit me. Draco... I told him, but only because I knew he would have found out anyways considering his connection to the Death Eaters. It was definitely Draco who told everyone! "Funny you didn't mention that when we were kids," Maeve added with an eyebrow raise.

"Because I didn't know!" I replied honestly.

"Sure," she replied sarcastically with a laugh. She walked off with all of her friends. News really spread quickly in the wizarding world.