Chapter Five

Thanks again for reading. I know it's different than the book in a few ways, but I'm still following the overall story line I promise x Long chapter ahead!

 Chapter Five: Slugclub Party

The party was going to be here any day now. I was so excited. The first person I told was Ginny and she was happy to here I was able to go. I told Hermione and Harry, but was reluctant to tell Ron because I knew he would be upset that he wasn't the only one not going. Of course, he found out from Ginny and was just as mad as I imagined. Hermione had a date and was no longer planning on taking Ron. I knew she accepted McLaggen's offer to annoy Ron, but I promised to keep it a secret.

Classes remained just as hard as they were before, but potions was fun because Cathal always saved me a seat and invited me to sit over with the other Ravenclaws. It was nice to be with people from my own house for once, besides Luna of course. Draco was still arriving late and not doing his work, but I always caught him looking over at me with a cold expression. He practically stopped talking at me. If I saw him in the hallway, he would insult me but not in the teasing way like before, it was as if he actually meant it. Then a few days after I told everyone I had gotten asked to the Slugclub Ball, Ginny started acting differently. It wasn't because of me in anyway, it was her and Seamus. They began arguing for the first time ever. They normally made up not long after, but they began getting into fights pretty often.

Finally the weekend was here. Ginny, Hermione, and I were all going to Hogsmeade to find dresses for the party. It wasn't overly formal, so we didn't have to worry about getting actual ball gowns, just nice dresses would do. There was only one store in Hogsmeade that sold dresses so we headed straight that way. "Do you have an idea of what you're looking for?" Hermione asked the two of us.

"No idea," I answered her with a shrug.

"I think I want something in green," Ginny answered as we stepped through the door. There were various dresses to chose from so we wouldn't have a problem finding one. Ginny began shuffling through the green dresses while taking a few of her favorites off the rack. I think everyone was trying to stay with Christmas colors in order to be somewhat festive. Hermione began looking at different dresses in white and red.

I didn't want to copy either of them, so I began shuffling through the silver and gold dresses. I took a few minutes to look at them all and pulled out a few of my favorites. "Should we try them on?" Ginny asked while turning to us. We each nodded.

Hermione had three dresses to chose from, Ginny had about five, and I was only between two. I really wasn't that picky when it came to dresses and these two really stood out to me. We went into the dressing rooms and came out after our first dresses. Hermione had a long plain red dress on. "Be honest," she said. Ginny and I looked at each other and shook our head.

"I'm not even going to ask. I don't really like this on me," Ginny said with a laugh looking in the mirror at the strapless pine green dress she had on.

"Well then what about this one?" I asked stepping in front of the mirror and turning around.

"It's alright," Ginny said with a shrug. I decided to try on the silver silk dress first. It had a loose skirt and sequin top. "There's a lot going on with it though. Let's try on our next dresses." 

The second time, Hermione came out in her white dress with a red band and she seemed to like it. Once again, Ginny wasn't happy with the way her dress looked. "I love it, that's the one!" Ginny said quickly when I stepped out.

"Really?" I asked, Hermione and Ginny both nodded. I stepped in front of the mirror. This was the gold dress I spotted when we first came in. It was much shorter than the first on I tried on, but it was a thicker material and tight fitting. There was a gold shimmer to the dress.