Chapter Twenty Three

~Abby's POV~

"Abby, what was that all about?" Julie asked.

I sighed before looking around.
After we left the place where we found Gowther. We started our journey again but stopped in the middle of nowhere. It was really quiet here compared to my home.

"It's just, ugh!......James... He's been in my dreams....talking to me..."

"What?! Abby, you should've told me sooner! What did he say?"

"He....he said that..... I'm not really....... what I think I am..."

"You mean that he's telling you that-"

"I'm not human."

I rubbed the back of my neck nervously as I thought of the last dream I had with James.

"Ya know, I think it's finally the time that I should tell you the truth. About yourself."

"Me? James, I already know enough about myself. Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"Actually, I know something that you don't. I have known you ever since you were born."

I glared at James and clenched my fists.

"What. Is . it?"

"Well, fine then. I know that you are not human. Just a demon covered with human skin. You just never knew."

"Wha-what?! That's not true!"

"I'm sorry little sis, but it is."

James chuckled darkly before smiling at my trembling form.

"But sadly, since you didn't know that you had this power, it was postponed. If you give me your hand your powers will come back bit by bit."

James brought out his hand for me to take.
My hand slowly rose but I kept it in one position. James slowly grabbed my hand.