Chapter Thirty One

"He did what?!?!"

"Yep!!! King asked me to the festival!!!"

"That's wonderful Lizzy!! You guys are so cute together!!"

Finally, we were back in the Boar Hat chatting away like nothing ever happened. Meliodas, Ivette, and Ban were downstairs feeding Hawk and talking a bit. Diane and King were also out, along with Elizabeth.

"Sooooooo, what about you Al? You and Arthur seem to be getting real close." I said.

"Wha?! No!.....I don't know what you're talking about....." She replied.

"Hmm......Al likes Arthur!!!! Al likes Arthur!!!" Lizzy yelled.

"Woman shut up!!! Someone might hear you!!"

I giggled at my friends before standing up taking their cups of Juice with me.

"Guys, I'm going downstairs to get these washed." I said.

"Here, let me help you Julie." Abby offered.

She then grabbed the rest of the cups and we made our way downstairs.
After that big fight we went back into our normal clothes. Abby wore her hoodie, pants, and sneakers. While I stole another shirt from Meliodas's closet and wore the bar uniform skirt and flats. What?! His shirts are comfortable!

When we finally made it downstairs, we noticed Gil was here talking to Meliodas.

"Hey Meliodas! Hey Gil!" I exclaimed.

They both turned to see me and Abby. Meliodas smiled his usual smile but Gil kept a frown on his face.

"Hey Julie, hey Abby. What are you doing?" Meliodas asked.

"Oh. We just came to wash these mugs." I answered

"Here, let me help you." He offered.

"Oh no, it's fine. Me and Abby got this."

"Actually, Meliodas you can take my place if you want."

"Thanks Abby!"
_________________________________________

I watched as Meliodas and Julianne walked to the back of the tavern chatting with each other. That's when I slumped down into a chair in front of Gil.

"Hi Gil..." I said.

"...Hello....Abby..."

I smiled and looked at his frowning face.

"Why do you look so sad. We defeated those two demons. Smile!"

"......I don't think I could.....I can't after what I've done..."

I frowned when I heard this. I put my hand on his and he looked at me shocked.

"It's okay, you were doing those things for someone you love. Someone you care about. I sure would've done the same."

He smiled at me softly before talking again.

"If you're talking about Margrid, me and her are like siblings. I've known her ever since I was a child. She's like my big sister........"

Gil then softly gripped my hand with his big one.

"I was hoping I could get to know you better Abby...so......will you go with me to the festival tonight?" He asked.

My eyes widened in shock. GIL FREAKING THUNDER WANTS TO GO TO THE FESTIVAL WITH ME!!! HOLY SHIT!!!

"yes, I would love to go with you. It sounds like fun."
_________________________________________

The day passed by quicker than usual. The festival came and went in a blink of the eye. But I'm sure never to forget it. I love everyone here. They made the trip livable. Even though we were sometimes at the brink of death. My friends were always there to keep us alive.