Chapter Thirty

I gripped my sword tightly as I watched Hendrickson stand back up. He just wouldn't give up.
That's when he went to attack but was stopped by Ban's magic. Ban twisted Hendricksons left arm in different ways pulling it out of its socket. Meliodas was then given the chance to hit him sending Hendrickson into a tall rock.

"Sir Meliodas..... Are you sure you're okay now?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yep! Thanks to you my stamina is through the roof." Meliodas said while giving her a thumbs up.

"Gowther! You know the plan right?"

".....Yes Captain."

My eyes widen as me and my group slowly turned our heads to look to our right. Gowther was kneeling on the ground, holding his head in one hand and looking for his glasses with the other.

"SWEET JESUS!! HE'S A ZOMBIE!!" Al yelled.

We all silently agreed with her as Gowther put his head in place.

"I am back again. Now, Broadcast!"

Gowther pointed his finger out sending a tiny shock wave through everyones heads giving us certain directions on the next attack.

"You've got to be kidding me?"

"This is our plan?!"

"How?! That's a suicide mission!"

I held my head and looked at Meliodas. He smiled at me like he would usually do and looked back up at Hendrickson who was standing on the tall rock. Suddenly, Meliodas deactivated his magic and launched himself at Hendrickson. Of course, he caught Meliodas but was flipped over into the ground.

"Lightning King Iron Hammer!!" I heard.

Bolts of lightning crashed down where Meliodas and Hendrickson were but only damaged Meliodas.
My grip on my sword tightened again as I watched everyone attack hurting Meliodas even more.

My turn to get my hit in came too quickly as I lit my hand with my magic. A ball of white light covered my left hand as I looked at Meliodas's beat up form.

"I'm sorry Meliodas...... Angels Curse!!!"

I launched my attack at him closing my eyes so I wouldn't have to watch. I didn't like hurting my friends or in this case my boyfriend.
I flinched as I heard the attack hit its target. That should be enough magic for him. For him to use his Revenge Counter.

"Is that enough Captain?" Ban asked.

"....yeah."

I opened my eyes just in time to see Meliodas activate his Revenge counter. Powerful gusts of wind blew my hair in different directions.
I stepped back, not wanting to get hit by this attack. That's when my back bumped into someone. I looked behind me to see Abby. She smiled at me and put her hand on my shoulder. I smiled back and looked up to watch Meliodas finish off Hendrickson. But, when he actually attacked we all had to cover our eyes because it was so bright.

I immediately opened my eyes back up when I heard a crash. I looked around to see Meliodas flip up from his spot on the ground to smile at us. But then he fell over clearly exhausted. I ran to him dropping my sword and got on my knees. I carefully lifted him up to eye level and he smiled at me again.

"You did it....." I mumbled.

"Yeah.... But it wouldn't have been possible without you and everyone else.... My little Angel..."

He caressed my cheek with his hand and I leaned into his touch. But the moment was short lived once I heard our voices being called out in a panic.