Chapter Twenty Seven

"Ban, I don't think it was a good idea to separate from the others. They could be in danger."

"This'll be quick Ivette, promise."

Ban turned a nob like thing that looked like a lion that was on the wall. A secret door opened almost scaring me with its intimidating aura.

"It's pretty dark down there." I said.

"Yeah..... Let's go."

Ban grabbed my hand and dragged me through. I almost tripped over my own feet but I managed to catch myself.
In the beginning, I was against coming here. But I could see in Ban's eyes that this meant something to him. Something important. I don't know what he's going to do, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.
_________________________________________

"Meliodas! Please! Fight back!" I yelled.

I watched as Meliodas took so many hits from Hendrickson, Gil, and that creepy helmet lady from earlier.
My body was slowly recovering from the fight. I was now able to stand, including Al. She was currently trying to fix the wound on Arthur's head.

"He's not turning into a demon or even fighting back."

"He must have something up his sleeve. But he'll be gone before he can use it."

Meliodas appeared once again with his short sword in hand. Blood was now very visible on his face. But he held a painless expression.

"1000 divine cuts."

"Lightning king sword."

"Enchant Hell Blaze."

"Destroy four elements."

Oh no, they're using all of their magic at once!

"Al!!"

She turned to me for a split second surprised.

"Take cover!!!"

I jumped on the ground covering my head. I could hear the blast hit and rubble flew everywhere hitting me a couple of times. I quickly looked up to see Hendrickson just about to stab Meliodas in the face.

"Meliodas!!!!"

SLICE

All of us stared in shock. The arm covered with green cloth and armor flew a few feet away from the fight. Gil stood in front of Meliodas, his sword out and dripping with blood.

"Gil.....thunder...." I mumbled.

"Can't believe it...you released the curse that has imprisoned me for years. A hero as always." Gil said to Meliodas.

Meliodas smiled at Gil thunder as everybody else was still in shock from the turn of events. Except for Arthur who was holding what looked like margrid in his arms, Elizabeths sister.

"Gil Thunder! You would betray your own?!"

"I haven't betrayed anyone!" After all, from the very beginning I was never one of you!"

"G-Gil?!"

"You bastard!!"

Hendrickson ran at Gil with his hand lit in black flames. But he missed Gil thunder looking like he tripped.

"Meliodas. Please allow me to handle the rest. I can finally take revenge on my fathers murderer. You don't know how long I've waited for this!"

Gil then repeatedly hit Hendrickson with his sword sending him in the air. Sparks of lightning flashed through the sky with each hit Gil made. Finally Gil plunged his sword into Hendrickson's chest.