vii.

alright people, awkward hand-holding thing is gone.

there are certain qualities that are likable about him...

i guess...i like some things more than others.

i'm sort of glad that he's short.

because if he was any taller, then anyone else would take him.

minhee said so as well. 

so i have my reasons for hoping he won't grow.

even though when i told him, i might have been mean.

" i hope you don't grow "

" wow, thanks mae "

he just sort of pouted and looked away.

it was cute, though.

✕  

"You like him," Mae said teasingly, nudging Minhee with her elbow.

"Obviously not, Mae. You know I won't date someone shorter than me." Mae frowned.

"Don't be mean, Minhee. He has a nice personality," Mae suggested, but Minhee just shook her head.

"Actually, Mae, I think you like him," Lucy said, brushing the crumbs off of her face and setting her sandwich on the table.

"I don't like him...you know that, Lucy."

"Of course you don't like him," she replied, rolling her eyes.

"Anyways, look at this fabulous picture that Minhee drew of Jasper as an aardvark." Mae glanced at the picture and fake-gagged, when suddenly Jasper showed up behind Mae and looked at the picture.

"I don't look like an aardvark!" Jasper shouted, offended.

"You look like Arthur the Aardvark!" Jackson screamed from another table.

"At least he's taller than somebody!"  They said laughing.

"You guys are so mean to me," he said with a pout.

"Hey, Jasper, are you ever gonna grow?" Minhee asked, her eyebrows arching.

"I didn't get my growth spurt yet! But I will!"

"Actually Jasper, I hope you don't grow," Mae whispered, not realizing that Jasper probably heard her.

"Wow, thanks a lot, Mae," he replied.

"No! I apologize, Jasper! I hope you grow!"

"Mae, you hurt my feelings," he said dramatically, putting a hand on his chest. Mae dropped to the ground, her knees touching the floor.

"I'm sorry, Jasper. Don't leave me," she replied theatrically, her hands flailing around.

"Guys, stop!" Brooklyn said, feeling uneasy at the scene in front of her. To Brooklyn's luck, the bell rang, signalling that lunch was over...but they definitely didn't stop laughing at Jasper the aardvark and their theatrical scene.