xvii.

introducing a new character :) 

You know what's really cute?

When the person you like gets jealous,

seeing you with someone else

that's nothing more than a friend.

"I really miss Jackson," Mae said aloud earning nods of agreement from her friends. Recently, she had been hunting throughout her old notebooks and binders, finding little post its with words that Jackson had written on them; some were motivational quotes, others were about Mae having a crush on a (imaginary) person named Dglan, and others were about Jackson fanboying about his favorite TV shows. As if sensing the depressing air, Jasper and his friends walked over suddenly, taking a seat next to the group of girls.

"Okay. So you know how Jackson left, right?" Jasper asked, to which the girls solemnly nodded.

"Well, apparently there's someone else entering the Academy because he left. There was a spot open."

"And that's a good thing? It sounds a bit like you're trying to replace him," Minhee replied accusingly, to which Jasper waved his hands around.

"Okay. No, that's not what I meant. I miss Jackson too, okay? He was like my best friend, alright? I'm not trying to replace him, anyways. I could never do that."

"Really? You couldn't?" Brooklyn muttered softly (however, she wasn't hinting at anything). To his (and the other guys) luck, the bell rang as Mae and her friends quietly pulled up their backpacks and moved on to their next class, where their teacher waited with a smile on her face.

"Hey, Mrs. P," Jasper greeted and walked inside the room, giving Mae a shrug when he saw her looking at him. The rest of the class walked in, and as they took their seats, Mrs. P looked into the hallway, eventually locking the door and turning on the projector.

"Okay, so we'll start on the histology slides today. Turn to your packet and to page 6," she instructed and with heavy sighs, the students opened up their binders. As the lesson went on, Mae turned around and saw Minhee with her eyes slightly closed and trying her best not to fall asleep in order to avoid a detention for real. Mrs. P's eyes traveled to Minhee, but just before she could berate Minhee for falling asleep in class, a knock sounded at the door.

"Oh, you came! I was looking for you as soon as the period started," she said to the guidance counselor, who was with someone else behind her. Mae's eyes enlarged as she recognized who it was.

"Toad?" she whispered quietly as his eyes surveyed the room, resting when he noticed Jasmyn with her hair tied up in a bun and her glasses falling off the bridge of her nose. Mrs. P tapped his shoulder and he turned around.

"So as some of you know, we had one open spot for the Academy, at least in your class. So please welcome your new classmate, Toad O'Phibian [a/n: name creds go to JIMINNIEE116]." 

"Toad?!" Jasmyn shouted, noticing that Toad was now in her class.

"Jasmyn?! Mae?! You guys go here?!"

"Hold up, you guys know each other?" Jasper asked from the other side of the room. A smirk forming on Toad's face, he looked at Mrs. P, saying, "I'm going to sit here, Mrs. P. Jasmyn will take great care of me this year."

Jasmyn couldn't help but sigh at the predicament she got herself into.

"I hate you, Toad," she said with malice, to which she earned a light slap on the back of her neck.

"It's mutual," he replied.

✕ 

so, meet toad o'phibian.

there's more to come for his character, but if you couldn't tell already, him and jasmyn hate each other. also, he knows mae from somewhere else. you'll learn about him, don't worry.

the part about jackson leaving was true, but the guy who plays toad has always been there and he's a piece of shit. i dislike him a lot.

tomorrow is the real jasper's birthday. i won't be doing a chapter for it, i don't think. i thought i was going to update this chapter like 3 weeks ago but look at that i procrastinated so much because i had no ideas and i was busy with writer's block and tests.

but if you want to know what i'm doing for his birthday, i'll tell you.

1) writing a card

2) giving him some money

3) giving him some food

i do that for pretty much everyone.

well, have a great day, my friends!

signing off,

daze 

p.s. i'm not sure, but my friends and i (moni and brooklyn included) think that minhee has legitimate feelings for jasper :/