vi.

i have new friends on wattpad!

✕  

today wasn't a great day.

did he have to say that about me?

did i do that?

did i flirt with him?

did i think i was great?

oops.

it hurts.

but i'm a fool that's fallen for you.

✕  

"Mae," Jackson asked as Mae took her English assignment out, scrawling her name at the top of the paper.

"Yes, Jackson?" she answered without turning around.

"You like someone, right?" he whispered.

"No...why?" she inquired, her eyes darting around to her classmates.

"Just wondering. Anyways, give me your assignment so I can give it to her," he said, taking the assignment from her hands. The teacher quickly handed out a new homework assignment, and the bell rang, signalling that the class was over.

"Have a good day," Mae greeted as she left the classroom.

"Hey, Jackson, did anything happen?" Mae heard as she walked out of the classroom, near the bathroom.

"I asked her and she said she doesn't like anyone. So she probably doesn't like you, Jasper," Jackson replied.

"Oh thank god. Mae is so stupid. How is she even in the Academy if she can't do simple math? And can you believe? She tries to flirt with m-" he said as he opened the door and saw Mae's shocked face in front of him.

"Oh, hi Mae!" he greeted nonchalantly, pretending as if he wasn't just talking about Mae.

"You-" she began, her fists clenched to her sides, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes at the words he said to her. 

"Mae, you're gonna be late for class!" Lucy and Moni shouted from the other side of the hallway. And without another word or question from Jasper, she ran away, catching up to her friends.

"Dude, that was totally stupid."

"How the hell was I supposed to know she was there?! And besides, you're just as stupid!" Jasper said, reaching to hit Jackson on the head.

"What the cheese, Jasper?!" He's not worth it, Mae though soullessly as his words echoed in her head. But still she turned around and faced them with a smile.

"Jasper! Jackson! You're going to be late!" she yelled as they bickered needlessly. 

"Mae, you heard all that, right?" Jackson asked softly when he caught up.

"Yeah."

"...he likes you, Mae. I'm pretty sure he does. And don't feel hurt. You can always punch him," Jackson replied, earning a soft punch on the arm from Mae. 

"Ow," he joked, watching as Mae laughed. 

"Jackson are you flirting with her?!" Jasper asked accusingly, a smile quirking on his face.

"Yes dad!" Jackson shouted at equal volume. 

"Oi fetuses! Catch up!" Minhee yelled at Mae and Jasper, grinning as everyone ran to get to class early. Despite all he said earlier, Jasper grabbed Mae's hand, them running as fast as they could with their short legs and heavy backpacks.

"Minhee! Don't be mean!"

alright. so my friends Monam13JIMINNIEE116, Amber4ever2 and bchiliman said that this chapter was very awkward because i ended with the hand holding, so i just ended it like this.

  ┐('~' )┌