xxvi.

i never understood valentines day.

maybe it's because that i've never gotten something?

i've made the mistake of giving people things on valentine's day,

where i was just made fun of all the time,

which is why i probably think it's extremely stupid.

but some people look happy;

maybe there is a meaning to it.

"Wow, it's Valentines Day," Mae remarked as the cold air blasted throughout the hallway, the door slightly ajar.

"What, you don't like it?" Minhee asked.

"Nah. It's kinda useless, and I find it weird that it only applies to significant others and not people in general."

"It's a big thing for couples, obviously. You know that."

"Yeah I do, but one day isn't an excuse to show your love for your significant other, every day is, you get me?"

"Yeah, I guess. I texted him today though," Minhee remarked, slowly zoning out as she thought about her previous relationship. As Minhee stayed behind to talk to others, Mae walked ahead (fearing that she may miss class if she stayed any longer) and longingly watched as couples passed her, passing flowers or kissing each other on the cheek [a/n: sí yo vi, no es una sorpresa]. A hand gripped her shoulder and Mae jumped up, suddenly startled, and she turned around to see Brooklyn and Minhee who caught up with her.

"I see it in your eyes," Brooklyn said teasingly. Mae rolled her eyes playfully, but it was true; she did want to be like them.  She wanted to receive gifts and be hugged or cuddled and kissed but in her situation, that would be hard. She trudged on the stairs, willing herself to drag her feet through the next hallway and she threw her backpack on the floor near her desk, Minhee and Brooklyn closely following. She didn't mean to seem sad or tired, but she laid her head on the desk while wearing her hood. She felt a poke on her arm and she peered above from underneath her hood to see Jasper looking at her curiously, to which she just gave him a small smile. 

"Hey, you okay?" he asked softly.

"Yeah. Just tired," she replied as she laid her head down again. She was poked again, and she looked up again, a little bit annoyed. Can't he tell I want to sleep?

"Yeah?" Jasper reached into his backpack and handed her a daisy, it's petals unfurled and a small Hershey kiss placed on the central disc.

"Happy Valentines Day," he said, rubbing his neck shyly and she looked at him suddenly before taking the Hershey kiss.

"Thank you. Happy Valentines Day to you too," she responded, momentarily shocked that the guy she liked gave her something for Valentines Day. Meanwhile, the whole class was watching them and she saw Minhee giving her winks from the adjacent table. A blush colored her cheeks and she popped the chocolate in her mouth.

"Yeah, I got flowers for everyone," Jasper said and her classmates groaned when he handed out the rest of the flowers.

"Either he's just dense or...no, he's just dense," Minhee muttered under her breath and gave Mae an apologetic glance, who just shrugged nonchalantly. At least she got a flower from him. 

sorry, ik the chapters are getting shorter and i'm not updating enough. i'll get back into schedule soon, i promise (well at least i hope so. if not, it's about once a month again)

eh obviously this never happened and this kinda stuff only occurs in my head because that's just the kind of person i am guys :/

i am very single, but i like hearing about other people's relationships. idk even though i'll never have it, i like seeing people happy while they talk about their significant others because i'm usually happy seeing others with smiles on their faces. i mean sure, i don't understand valentines day, but the things that couples do for each other is cute and makes me feel warm and happy inside (just like him obviously).

actually, while i was writing this chapter, i accidentally typed his real name everywhere and i just had to go back through and replace it with jasper ugh why do i do this

anyway, enjoy your love lives, and if you're like me who has a crush that'll most likely never notice you, then just watch netflix or study for a quiz you have tomorrow (which i should be doing but you know what who cares).

lots of love,

daze