14. Protective Brother

Chapter 14: Protective Brother

ALFIE’S POV:

I was talking to Marcus and Chai about what they had been doing while they left me and Zoe in town, then I heard Zoe chuckled “We aren’t dating!”

I turned to look at her and Joe had his gaze set on me, he stood up with an angry look on his face and addressed me in a stiff voice “Alfie, can I talk to you outside a minute?”

I stood up and flicked my eyes over to Zoe, confused as to what he wanted to talk to me privately about, I then looked back at Joe and followed him out the room, shutting the door behind me.

Joe turned to me “I know…” he raised an eyebrow expectantly at me.

“Know what?” I asked, genuinely confused.

“That you like Zoe” he replied bluntly.

I felt myself look down at my shoes as I shuffled them nervously, feeling a blush on my cheeks.

“I-erm..”

“And I’m pretty certain she likes you too” he informed me.

My head snapped up to look at him, my eyes searching his face for any sign of lying.

“What?” I asked.

“That’s why I’m annoyed” he explained, he released a deep sigh “I just don’t want anyone to hurt her, especially you because we are good mates, and If you guys did go out and date and ended up braking up I don’t want things to be awkward between us”

I was shocked, firstly because he had told me Zoe did like me back and secondly that our friendship meant that much to him.

“Mate, I would never intend to hurt Zoe, she’s a great girl” I felt myself blush slightly as I thought about her that way, I quickly carried on “and I defiantly wouldn’t want to lose you as a mate over it, but I guess, I mean I know I do really like her…” I confessed.

I looked up at Joe and saw he had a cheesy grin plastered on his face.

“You really like her don’t you?” He chuckled.

I nodded, smiling back.

“Well you’ve got the okay from me to date her…I mean if she says yes. She might say no” Joe winked at me, indicating he was kidding “as long as you don’t kiss or do any icky stuff in front of me!” Joe warned.

“I promise!” I chuckled.

“Alright mate, good luck then!” Joe took me in for a man hug and patted me on the back, we then went back inside the living room to see Chai and Marcus laughing hysterically and Zoe blushing bright red.

“I won’t even ask” I laughed.

I sat beside Zoe which seemed to make her go redder, confirming Joe’s confession. I think she really might like me back.

I smiled at her as she turned to me and she replied by giving me a genuine smile back. This made my heart flutter slightly.

Wait a second…Alfie did you just say she made your heart flutter? I scanned my body quickly, making sure I was still a teenage male.

The things Zoe is doing to me…

I suddenly gulped and got nervous as I contemplated when and how I was going to ask her out…or if I was. Do I asked her out on a date or do I ask her to be my girlfriend? To tell the honest truth I hadn’t really done this stuff before, sure I have had girlfriends but in secondary school and it wasn’t really the same with the whole asking out thing.

Zoe must have noticed my change of mood as she quickly asked “Alfie, you okay?” I looked over and her eyebrows were scrunched up, concerned.

I nodded, smiling. I got to admit, she looked kind of cute. Cute? Alfie…really?

“I’m all good” I told her.

The frown in her eyebrows disappeared and turned into a smile.

This girl will be the end of me….

 A/N: So there is Alfie's POV!! Do you guys like it? Something different to mix things up a bit!

YAY we have finally established both Zoe and Alfie like eachother :)

Might update again today but not certain yettt!

COMMENT OF THE DAY: angelap98 from tumblr :)

COMMENT OF THE CHAPTER: Where did you find this story? Tumblr, twitter, a list on wattpad?? Comment below + what your thoughts are on this chapter and my favorite comment will get a shoutout in the next chapter :D

COMMENT, RATE, FAN, ADD TO READING LIST

Twitter: @MalikgangUK
Instgram: Katie_tyler
Tumblr: 50shadesofdeyes
Youtube: KatieTylerTV
Snapchat: Katie_madeline
Message me on kik: katie_madeline