20. The Swings

Chapter 20: The Swings

Zoe’s POV:

Alfie.

Alfie was in the park.

I couldn’t help but just stare in shock at him being here, what was he doing here? Was it a coincidence? I mentally shook my head, knowing it was not a coincidence. I slowly turned my head to face Louise and raised an eyebrow at her, using my eyes to glare evils at her so only she could see.

“Oh, I invited Alfie to come and stay the night and hang out with us, I told you that didn’t i?” She spoke quickly, trying to brush over the subject.

“No, I think you might have failed to mention that one, Louise” I spoke through my teeth.

It wasn’t that I minded that Alfie was here, in fact I was secretly quite please, but I wasn’t going to let Louise think that.

“You didn’t know I was coming?” Alfie questioned, tilting his head to the side like a lost puppy.

I turned back around to face him and gave him a warm smile “Sorry, I’m just surprised is all,” I answered “It’s great to see you!”

The smile seemed to return to Alfie’s face as he realized I wasn’t angry about him being here.

During our encounter, Darcy had skipped off and Matt was pushing her on the swings.

“Swings anybody?” Louise suggested her voice sheepish.

Alfie chuckled, his facial expression told me he was eager to go on the swings without being judged by not having an infant with him.

“Let’s go!” I exclaimed.

Alfie skipped off towards the swings while I followed behind him, turning round and sticking my tongue out at Louise.

She rolled her eyes playfully and followed behind us. I watched as Alfie practically threw himself at the swing and pushed off with his legs, sending him a few feet up in the air and he continued to swag back and forth on the swing.

There was a set of 4 normal swings, then next to it a set of 2 children, bumper swings. Matt had picked Darcy up and placed her in the bumper swings and she clutched onto the handles, giggling delightedly. Alfie was on one of the swings along from that and he called out to us “Join me!”

He seemed to be having so much fun as his face lit up as he got higher and higher. Louise’s maternal instincts kicked in and she screamed out:

 “Slow down, Alfie! You might fall off or go round the bar!” she flailed her arms around dramatically while I cackled with laugher, holding my ribs.

Alfie joined with my laughter, although he did slow down.

Louise let out a sigh of relief and seemed to relax slightly. I went and joined Alfie on the swing next to him, sitting then, holding onto the bars then pushing off with my tip toes that barely touched the floor. Alfie let out a slight snort as he saw this and I turned and gave him a fake glare.

I started pushing my legs out further and swinging my legs back and forth, i took a little longer than Alfie did which he seemed to find very amusing. Before too long we found ourselves playing a game to try and swing in time with each other, going back and forth at the exact same moment and swinging our legs in coordination with each other. Suddenly Alfie grabbed hold of the metal chain of my swing which brought his crashing into the side of mine, sending me flying sideways.

“Ahhh!” I screamed as my swing came pelting back the other way straight into Alfie. He was laughing hysterically as his swing bumped back and forth against mine.

We continued this for a few more minutes, and then decided to have a go on the slide. Luckily I was still small enough to slide down easily…unlike Alfie who sat down at the top of the swing and nudged forward, only to realize nothing happened, he just sat there like a lemon. I found this extremely amusing as you might have guessed.

He finally managed to shift down the slide, making squelching noises as he went, which I found even more amusing.

Soon baby glitter decided she wanted to go home and nap so we ended our park session, Alfie left with a pout, complaining that this would be the last time in a while he would be able to go to a park without looking like a weirdo.

We left the park, but Alfie started to walk in a different direction, waving to us.

I frowned, confused and questioned “Where are you going?”

He pointed down the road “Well I didn’t walk here, did I?” He teased.

“Oh. Your car!” I realized.

He chuckled, while continuing to walk down the lane “See you in a minute!” he called.

I quickly caught up with Matt, Louise and Darcy. I met my stride with Louise and she turned to me with a satisfied expression.

“Thank me later.”

A/N: I’m sorry it took so long, but here it is!

TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS CHAPTER AND WHAT YOU WANT TO HAPPEN NEXT!!

18,000………I can’t even express to you what this means to me :D

Thank you.

Comment. Vote. Fan. Add to reading list!

COMMENT OF LAST CHAPTER: misssarahspy

COMMENT OF THE CHAPTER: Where did you find this story? Tumblr, twitter, a list on wattpad?? Comment below + what your thoughts are on this chapter and my favourite comment will get a shout out in the next chapter :D

Twitter: @MalikgangUK
Instgram: Katie_tyler
Tumblr: 50shadesofdeyes
Youtube: KatieTylerTV
Snapchat: Katie_madeline
Message me on kik: katie_madeline