40. Alfie's Boudoir

Chapter 40: Alfie’s Boudoir

“It was so lovely meeting you guys and catching up again!” I hugged Louis, Steve and Ben; saying goodbye.

Alfie and Joe did that man hug/fist bump thing while Louise also gave them a hug.

“Hope to see you lot again soon!” Louis waved.

The three guys then went off their separate ways while Louise, Joe, Alfie and I remained stood outside the coffee house.

“I should probably get going too, I have to catch the train!” Louise pouted.

My smile dropped and I instantly started missing her again.

“Aw, Chummy!” Louise exclaimed.

She brought me in for a hug and we said goodbye and parted our ways. I went and stood by Alfie’ side as he wrapped his arms around me comfortingly as I watched Louise walk off.

“Then there was three….” Joe trailed off.

I glanced down at my watch and gasped “Oh my god! It’s already 11! Joe it’s gonna take us forever to get back, we should go!” I said sadly, not wanting to leave Alfie.

“Why don’t you guys just come back to mine for the night? I mean, it’s much closer and we have plenty of room!” Alf suggested brightly.

“You sure?” I faced him, smiling back.

He nodded and took my hand in his, with Joe walking on Alfie’s other side as we headed off.

It took us around an hour to get back to Alfie’s house in Brighton, but when we finally did I was so relieved.

Alfie started frantically patting his jean clad bum and I widened my eyes in alarm before I realized he was trying to find his keys. He got them out his back pocket and quietly unlocked the door, turning round to Joe and I; putting a finger to his lips, signalling for us to be quiet so we wouldn’t wake up the household.

I tiptoed through the house and followed Alfie upstairs. We got into the corridor and Alfie pointed over to a spare room and then whispered to Joe.

“You wanna borrow any clothes?”

Joe shook his head, gave a thumbs up and a thank you before he opened the door to the spare room and got settled in.

There was a moment of silence as I contemplated what my next move would be…Do I share a bed with Alfie? It’s not like we haven’t before but I started to feel awkward. I was thankful when Alfie took control and made the decision.

“C’mon!” Alfie’s hushed voice called to me. I followed him through to what was clearly his room. He opened the door and I looked around approvingly. He was pretty clean for a teenage boy…well kind of teenage.