24. Tickle Monster

Chapter 24: Tickle Monster

Alfie’s POV

I blew out a heavy breath I had been holding. I turned on the cold water tap and the water came spurting out quickly. I captured some of the liquid in my hands and collected it into a pool in my palms. I could see my reflection in the clear liquid, thoughts running round my brain about what just happened.

I shut my eyes tightly and leaned my head down as I splashed the cool water over my face; I then shook my head and dried off.

I asked Zoe to be my girlfriend.

Doubt was circling through my mind as to if I really should have done this.  I mean I really wanted Zoe to be my girlfriend, that wasn’t the issue. I mean, was I shallow for thinking this?

Let’s be honest, we both had a big following on social media, people knew who we were. Hundreds of thousands of people watched us. I was questioning myself as to if I was ready to tell those people. We had only been going out for one day…and the opinion and comments of that many people couldn’t be good on a relationship...could it?

So much of my life is on the internet, I tweet nearly everything I do, where I am and who I’m with. I share pictures of my life on Instagram, I even film and vlog games I play on youtube! I just feel like I need at least one part of my life private.

I was a little scared to tell Zoe this though, I mean what kind of boyfriend am I if I just ask her out last night, wake up in the morning then say ‘Hey, let’s not tell anyone about us, yeah. Let’s just keep this our secret? Sound good? Brilliant!’

I couldn’t do that, heck I didn’t want to do that!

There was a sudden knock on the door which made me jump and bash into the sink.

“Owwww…” I groaned, rubbing my elbow.

“Alfie, Alfie are you okay in there…?” Louise’s concerned tone reached my ears.

I realized just how long I must have been in the bathroom, confronting my queries.

I turned round and unlocked the door “Yeah, yeah I’m fine. Sorry.” I quickly apologised, side stepping Louise out of the room.

“Well, okay then…You want some breakfast? Oh Alfie! What’s wrong? You can tell me!” I guessed my troubled expression gave something away as Louise questioned me.

“Nothing’s wrong….I mean…” I paused and look round the doorframe to make sure Zoe wasn’t in ear shot.

“She’s upstairs, getting dressed.” Louise informed me, a slight crease present between her eyebrows.

I nodded in understanding “I just…” I let out a sigh “I don’t think it’s a good idea to come out…?” I grimaced.

Louise’s frown ceased and a small smile came on her face.

“She feels the same, Alfie.” Louise told me softly.

I felt my eyes widen “She does? Oh god phew!”

Louise let out a small chuckle “I think you guys should talk about it though, what you want and things. In the future you’re gonna be around youtubers who will eventually find out anyway and will be filming and vlogging with you both together…” Louise trailed off.

“I really need to figure this out…” I sigh.

“Figure what out?” A small, curious voice came from behind me.

Zoe.

I scrunched my face up and silently cursed before turning round with a smile on my face.

“Err…” I struggled, eyeing Louise for help.