Chapter 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              Good thing I’ve got a date so I’m busy and I’m not thinking of Scott. “Lindsay! Leo is here!” I heard Damian said at the door.

                “I’ll be right there.” I looked at the mirror and smiled. Leo was the right guy for me. I like him and he likes me.

                Even though Scott came back, my feelings for Leo didn’t change. I like him – a lot. And I know he would be a great boyfriend. Damian likes him. My parents like him. And my friends like him.

                I went down and saw Leo talking to my parents.

                They saw me and they all smiled. “You’re so beautiful,” Leo said kissing my hand.

                “What did my parents tell you?” I asked him smiling.

                My parents exchange glances smiling. Leo laughed. “They were just happy for the both of us. And – “

                “Don’t ruin the surprise,” my dad said.

                “Hmmm . . . what is this all about?” I asked curiously.

                “Let’s go.” Leo said and I curled my arms around his. It was like prom right? And it was just another date.

                He opened the car door for me and I went in. He went in after. “So, what’s the plan for this evening?” I asked him.

                “Every date of ours is special for me,” he said. “I’m going to take you to my favorite restaurant where I know you would love the food and dessert.”

                “Dessert? Do they have – “

                “Tiramisu? They have.”

                I smiled. He really knows me well. Tiramisu is my favorite dessert.

                We arrived at the restaurant for only about half an hour. Leo already made a reservation so we didn’t have a hard time.

                “You pick something for me.” I said.

                “I already have.”

                “What?”

                “I already told them what food will be served,” he smiled at me.

                “You did, huh? Hmmm . . . you are much excited than I thought,” I laughed softly.

                “I want this evening to be perfect,” he said looking straight at me.

                My heart started beating faster. Leo. His smile, his face even his small dimple on his left cheek every time he smile, I know why I fall for this guy. He was always there for me. Even though at first I told him not to try courting me, he still insists. That proves that he really likes me.

                “I’ll be right back,” he said.

                I nodded. I looked around the restaurant and there were few people eating here. If the foods were great then why were there so few customers? I laughed at what I just thought. I saw the waiters looking at me. What are they looking at? Do I look weird? Or did I do something?