Chapter 23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I was in my locker when he approached me. Scott.

                “Hey!” I greeted. I was putting my books back. Classes were finished.

                “Do you have a minute?” he asked me.

                I looked at him.

                “Sure,” I said.

                “Scotty!” we heard someone.

                We looked and saw Angelica. “There you are!” What did he call Scott? Scotty? I wanted to puke.

                She noticed me and gave me a glare. “Where are you going?” she asked looking at Scott.

                “It’s none of your business,” Scott said sternly.

                Ooh. I know Scott. He didn’t like this girl.

                “Let’s go Lindsay,” Scott said holding my hand.

                But then Angelica held my other hand. “What do you think you’re doing?” she asked.

                “What’s your problem?” I asked her angrily and yanked my hand from her grasped.

                “What’s your problem?” she returned my question to me. “Where are you going with my Scotty?”

                “Can you please leave us alone?” Scott said seriously.

                “But Scotty,” she pleaded.

                Even though Angelica was pretty, her attitude was just – blah!

                Scott looked at her angrily. Angelica glared at me. “You’ll regret this.” She whispered at me and she walked away.

                What did I do??

                “Come on,” Scott said. He was still holding my hand. My heart started pounding so hard. I just let him hold my hand.

                We went to the Swiss Café.

                He ordered my favorite frappe and there we talked. “I remembered you just asked for a few minutes?” I told him.

                “I just wanted to talk to you,” he said. He looked like he was in – pain.

                I waited for him to say something.

                “Are you okay?” I asked him.

                “I was in so much pain,” he said leaning on his chair.

                I was just looking at him.

                “Did something happen?” I asked him.

                “You happen,” he said.

                “Me?” I asked him confused.

                “I still love you and it’s driving me crazy!” he laughed.

                He was looking straight at my eyes. I looked away.

                Please don’t say you still love me. My feeling for you might come back.

                “I’m sorry,” I said.

                “I should be the one saying sorry,” he said. “I know you are happy now. You and Leo. I could see that you really love him.”

                “I still – got feelings for you,” I confessed and I guess it was a mistake.

                “I know,” he said.

                I snapped my head and looked at him.

                “If none, you wouldn’t be here with me,” he said. “And I’m glad.”

                “You did give me up,” I said.

                “Not exactly,” he said.

                “What do you mean?” I asked.

                “Did you know that I never dated anyone for the past three years?” he asked me.

                I didn’t say anything.

                “It was stupid I know. I just wanted to be loyal to you even though we’re apart,” he said laughing at himself.

                “It so painful for me seeing you so happy with him,” he said. “But I was happy that finally you loved again.”

                He didn’t talk for a while. “But I’m waiting.”

                I looked at him.

                “I’ll be waiting for you.”

                “Please don’t.” I told him. I really wanted to cry.

                “I’ll stop if – “

                “If what?”

                “If you two got married.”

                “You’ll be waiting for me that long?” I asked him now tears rolling down in my face.

                He reached for my face and wiped my tears.

                “Please Scott. Don’t do this. Don’t hurt yourself anymore,” I told him. I was hurt too. I was hurt because he doesn’t want to let go off his feeling for me. And because I know I still love him.

                He looked at me and wiped my tears again then he smiled. “I don’t want to see you cry again, okay? It will double the pain I’m feeling right now.”

                I still love him! I still love Scott! But I love Leo!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh-oh.. Lindsay is confused.

Vote and Comment.. :)