Chapter 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                The day of the game. There was no class today because of this game. My friends and I were already at the field waiting for the game to start.

                “I’m so happy for you Lindsay!” Amber said hugging me. I just told them that Leo and I were already couples.

                “And what he did was so romantic!” Lorelei said. “I just can’t imagine it!”

                “It was so romantic,” I said happily. Then I noticed Reina was missing. “Where is Reina?”

                “She went to look for Scott and his friends.” Amber replied.

                “Why?” I asked.

                “See the big space at your side?” Lorelei said pointing.

                I looked at my side and noticed that were was really a space beside me. Reina must have asked them to sit beside us. Just – great.

                “Here they are.” Amber said.

                I saw Reina at the back with Scott. Scott’s friends were in the front. They reached our seat and Scott’s friends sat at the space beside me which leaves a one person space beside me. Reina sat beside Amber because there were still two person spaces beside her. I was so surprised when Scott sat beside me.

                I mouthed Reina that we exchange seat but she was I guess mad.

                This was all Scott’s fault.

                “Move.” I whispered to him.

                “What?” he asked not whispering.

                “I said move.”

                “What?” he asked again.

                “Go sit beside Reina.” I whispered at him.

                I saw him smile. He then leaned and whispered to me, “I want to sit beside you.”

                I ignored him and just looked at the field. I saw Leo looking at us. Uh-oh. Leo must have seen us whispering to each other.

                I looked at him and waved. He smiled at me. Good. I put on a thumbs-up and mouthed good luck.

                He then mouthed I love you.

                Then their coach asked them to gather around.

                “Lindsay,” Lorelei whispered.

                “Hmmm?”

                “Amber said that Reina whispered to her to ask you what you two were whispering about.”

                Argh. Reina was already jealous. “Tell her, he just asked me if – “ I stopped. Actually what I’m about to say – he asked me if she already got a boyfriend. But I guessed Reina would be hopeful and it would be my fault if Scott wasn’t really interested in Reina. Which I don’t know right?