Chapter 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I’m afraid to asked Leo who the girl was. Even though I didn’t show it, I really felt hurt inside. I feel there was something between that girl and Leo.

                The following day, Leo was his normal self. I really wanted to ask him but I was afraid.

                “Played good today?” I asked him.

                We were together eating our lunch. My friends were also here sitting with us.

                “Yeah,” he grimaced. “Got my inspiration back.”

                “Hey guys. You’re too sweet. Will you stop it, we might be attacked by ants,” Amber teased.

                We all laughed.

                We heard the bell rang. “Let’s go. We can’t be late for this class,” Reina said. By the way, Reina was back to her normal self. Good, right?

                I haven’t seen Scott lately. I heard the conservatory of music was busy for their upcoming mini concert. Cool, huh?

                Leo accompanied me to my room. He kissed me in the cheeks and said goodbye.

                “See you later.” He said.

                Another boring class. Sometimes I’m really curious why we need to study some subjects we really don’t need in our job.

                “Finally!” Amber said.

                We heard the bell rang and this subject was finished. We waited for our next professor.

                “I don’t want another boring class,” Lorelei said slouching on her chair.

                “Who wants a boring class anyway?” I asked.

                I was looking outside when I noticed someone – a girl.

                I immediately went to the door and looked at her. But she was gone. I was positive it was the girl we saw yesterday at the mall.

                “Lindsay?” Reina said when I sat down.

                “Sorry. I thought I saw somebody I know,” I said.

                Our professor then came so they didn’t ask me another question. After class, Leo was already waiting outside our room.

                “I’ll drive you home,” he said.

                “Goodbye guys,” I told my friends.

                “Good thing I’m not bringing my car anymore,” I laughed.

                “Yeah,” he chuckled. He held my hand.

                Then we saw her again. The girl.

                “Celine,” I heard Leo whispered.

                He knows her?

                I looked at Leo then at Celine. They were staring at each other. I could feel pain inside me. Argh! I don’t want to feel any pain again!! I let go of Leo’s hand. “Leo?” I called his name.

                “Let’s go,” Leo’s mood suddenly change.

                “But – “ I said but he pulled me in my wrist.

                “Leo.” We heard Celine said softly but Leo didn’t stopped.

                “Leo. Stop.” I said. Actually, I’m not stopping him because Celine called him but because my wrist hurts because he was holding it too tight.

                “Hey!”

                Leo stopped too because the voice sounded angry.

                We looked back and saw Scott walking toward our direction. “What?” Leo said a little louder. This is the first time I saw him like this. What happened to him?

                “Let go off her hand,” Scott said.

                Leo was giving Scott a murderous glare.

                “Scott.” I said.

                “You’re hurting her,” Scott said.

                Leo looked at me then at my hand. He immediately let go off it.

                “I’m sorry,” Leo said to me softly.

                “That’s alright,” I said touching my wrist.

                “Scott!” we heard someone.

                I looked at Scott’s back and saw Angelica walking towards us.

                “I need to go!” Scott said then he left us.

                “Where is he going?” Angelica asked us when she reached us.

                “I don’t know,” I said.

                Angelica then looked at me from head to toe. I just raised my eyebrow at her. Then she smirked. God! I wanted to slap her so bad!

                When Angelica left I looked at Leo. “What happened?” I asked him.

                Leo wasn’t answering me.

                “Who is she?” I asked again.

                “She’s no one,” Leo replied.

                But I knew he was lying. I already knew him, when he was lying he can’t looked straight at me.

                “Come on,” Leo said holding my hand again. “Let’s go home.”

                I nodded and he drove me home. We were quiet inside his car. All I could hear was the music on his radio.

                The car stopped in front of my house.

                “Lindsay,” Leo said.

                “What is it?” I asked.

                “My parents want to meet you. Are you free this coming Saturday?”

                My heart started beating faster. I’m really nervous, you know. “I guess.”

                He smiled at me and kissed me in the lips. “See you tomorrow?”

                I nodded and went out the car. I waved at him and he left.

                I’ll be meeting his parents! What should I do? What should I wear? What if they didn’t like me? I’m nervous like hell! There was something still bothering me. Celine. I’m not stupid. It was obvious Leo knew her. And it was also obvious that Celine knew Leo. She just called out his name. But who really was she?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment. :)