Chapter 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Back to reality, we were in college now. “Lindsay?” my friend Reina waved her hand in front of my face.

                I was really shocked at the moment.

                “I – uhm – “

                “Do you know Scott?” she asked me.

                “NO!” I shouted. I blushed with embarrassment.

                I saw Scott looked at me but I looked away. “I don’t know him.”

                Reina just introduced to us Scott as the new student.

                “I need to go,” Scott suddenly said. “Nice meeting you all.”

                “Bye Scott,” my friends, Reina, Lorelei and Amber said at the same time. When he left they all talked at once.

                “Isn’t he hot?” Reina said. She was part of the student council and she was the one assigned for the new students.

                “The hottest guy I’ve ever seen in my life!” Amber said excitedly.

                “I now have a reason to go to school!!” Lorelei said clasping her hand.

                They all laughed together. Me? I was still shocked that he was back. I shouldn’t be affected right? Why should I? I don’t love him anymore? Right???

                “He’s in the conservatory of music.  He must be really good,” Reina told us.

                So, he still was pursuing his dream.

                “Hey Lindsay!” Amber half shouted.

                “You’re passing out again,” Lorelei said. “Is something wrong?”

                “No,” I said smiling. “I’m just – thinking of something.”

                “Maybe you’re just shocked to see a good looking and god damn hot guy,” Reina laughed.

                I faked a laughed. “Yeah.”

                “Don’t worry Leo is still one of the hottest guy in school,” Amber said.

                Leo was the guy courting me for a month now. He was sweet and thoughtful. He was also good looking.

                “Let’s hang out at the mall!” Reina said. “I love to buy that new red shoe I saw at the mall.”

                “Let’s go!” Lorelei and Amber said in unison.

                Then they looked at me. “Are you really okay?” Lorelei asked me.

                “Of course! Let’s go!” I said. I shouldn’t be affected that he’s back. I told myself.

                “Damian,” I went to Damian’s room that night.

                “What is it?” he was typing something in his laptop and I sat beside him in his bed.

                “He’s back.”

                “Hmmm?”

                “He’s back.” I repeated.

                “Who?” he asked not looking at me.

                I looked at his laptop and saw that he was chatting with her girlfriend.

                “Oh – sorry – “ I was about to leave but he stopped me.

                I saw him type something – ‘Talk to you later. My sister needs me.’

                That’s why I love my brother so much. He closed his laptop and looked at me.

                “So, who’s back?”

                “Scott.”

                Damian raised an eyebrow. “He’s back and?”

                “And he was a new student in MY school.” I emphasized the word my.

                “And?”

                I told him what happened that morning. The time Reina introduced him to us.

                “You told them you don’t know him?”

                “Yeah.”

                “Hmmm…”

                “What? Do you think I should have told them the truth?”

                “I don’t know.”

                “Damian. What should I do?”

                “Why are you affected? Do you still love him?”

                “I – I don’t – “

                “What? I don’t or I don’t know?”

                “I don’t.”

                “There. Just leave him alone. If he talked to you just act normal like you don’t know him.”

                “It’s not that easy.”

                “It’s easy. I’ve done that.”

                “Really?”

                “Uh-huh.”

                “Ooh.”

                “And you now have Leo”

                “He’s not my boyfriend.”

                “He’ll soon be.”

                “Do you think?”

                “He’s a great guy.”

                “Okay. Damian . . .”

                He opened his laptop again. “Thank you for being a great brother.”

                He smirked and messed my hair. “You’re my little sister that’s why.”

                I smiled and left his room. Damian was right. From now on, I don’t care if he was back. I don’t know him. I don’t know anyone named Scott Anderson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment.. (^.^)