Chapter 14

Sorry for the late upload. I'll be uploading two chapters today. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I wore a simple red dress for the dinner tonight. I looked at myself in the mirror. I put a soft makeup on my face. It was just a dinner at our house. But why am I so nervous? Am I nervous because I’ll be seeing Scott again?

                I shook my head. I shouldn’t be thinking of him.

                Leo would be here in a few minutes.

                I went downstairs and saw my mom finishing the table. The foods were ready. “They all looked so delicious, mom,” I told her.

                “Thank you,” she said.

                We heard the doorbell and my mom asked me to get it. I nodded, it might be Leo. And I was right. “Good evening,” he greeted me.

                “Good evening,” I greeted back. We went to the dining table and he greeted my mom.

                “Why don’t you sit down? They’ll be here in a few minutes,” my mom told us.

                “Leo I need to tell you something,” I said when we sat down.

                “What is it?” he asked.

                Before I could tell him, Damian went in. “Hey there. You’re here already,” he told Leo.

                I stared at him. “What?” he asked me.

                “Nothing,” I shrugged.

                “What are you going to tell me again?” Leo asked me.

                Damian sat opposite ours. “About the family friend we are going to meet tonight,” I started.

                We heard the doorbell rang. They’re here!

                “Don’t worry it’s just Elizabeth,” Damian grimaced at me.

                I sighed with relief.

                “Are you okay? You look kinda nervous,” he told me holding my hand.

                “I’m alright,” I said holding his hand tightly.

                Damian came back together with his girlfriend Elizabeth. “Hi Lindsay!” she greeted me.

                “Hi Elizabeth. Nice seeing you again,” I said.

                Elizabeth notice Leo, she greeted him too. So we were here waiting for our guest.

                “Will you continue what you are going to tell me?” Leo whispered at me.

                I looked at him. His eyes were so worried. God! I don’t know how to tell him. He would soon find out. But I need to tell him before he found out.

                “Lindsay,” he said saying my name so softly.

                “I’m sorry,” I whispered to him.

                “What’s the sorry for?” he asked me pulling me closer.

                I looked at Damian and Elizabeth and they were just playing something in Elizabeth’s iPad.

                “I should have told you before – “I was interrupted by the sound of a doorbell.

                “Leo I must tell you that it was Scott’s family!” I blurted out.

                “What?” he must have not understood me since I say it quite fast.

                We heard footsteps and my heart started beating so fast. We saw my mom and dad then Scott’s parents after. Then I noticed Scott was not here and also her sister Kath. Phew!

                Leo was staring at me. He must be really curious right now.

                “Ooh. Look how Lindsay has grown,” Scott’s mom said giving me a hug. “Is this your boyfriend?” she noticed Leo.

                “Good evening, ma’am,” Leo greeted.

                “What a nice looking guy,” she said smiling at him.

                “By the way Minerva (Scott’s mom), where’s – “ I know my mom was about to ask where Scott was.

                “I – “ I half shouted.

                They all looked at me. “I’m just hungry,” I said embarrassed.

                I heard them laughed and I blushed.

                Leo held my hand and smiled at me. I smiled back.

                “I’m going to ask where Kath is,” my mom said.

                “Well, she got something important to do tonight,” Scott’s mom said.

                “Let’s eat!” Scott’s dad said and we all saw down. We prayed and started eating.

                Phew! Good thing Scott didn’t come. I looked at our parents and Scott’s parents, they were so happy that they saw each other again.

                “This is really good,” Leo whispered to me.

                “My mom is a great cook,” I whispered back.

                “I’m sorry I’m late!”

                We all turned around to see Scott at the dining room doorway.

                My eyes widened and I immediately looked at Leo.

                He was giving Scott a what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here look. Uh-oh!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and Comment. :)