Back To The Real World

Drew

"Looks here that Cassidy is not your child" the nurse said.

With that I smiled and walked out of the room going to my truck. I texted Kaelyn the child was not mine and then headed off towards the ranch. I need to get some work done, it'll help me get my mind off things.

I got back to the ranch and it was nearly 10:30am now. I parked the truck and walked inside making sure she had asked everything and left which she did. I made a quick sandwich and put some food out for Sadie opening the back door for she could come in and out. My phone buzzed and it was Kaelyn.

*thats good! :) I'll text you later tonight. Busy practicing*

I didn't reply I figured I would just go on out to work and see what needed to be done. Justin was out at the barn hosing off the patio area.

"Hey boss"

"Hey"

"So what's the news?"

"She ain't mine like I said" I told him as I went to go get the Polaris.

I road out to go check the cattle we had a cow that was due to deliver at any time now. We needed to check up on her often to make sure there's no complications.

To be honest I sorta disappointed that Cassidy wasn't mine, I'm to that stage in my life where I want children.. I would love to have a little mini me running around, helping me check fences and the herd and groom horses and everything, I think that would be the highlight of my life.. One day I hope to have all that before I'm to old..

Kaelyn ran threw my mind and I would do almost anything to have her here with me. I missed her.. I missed her smile, her touch, her lips on mine.. I couldn't wait to see her again and just wrap her in my arms.. Ugh I need to focus on ranch work but I can't get her off my mind.

"Drew you there?" Justin called looking over at me.

I snapped out of my daze and looked over nodding my head. We went and checked the cattle everything seemed to be jus fine. We road out to a fence that needed mending and got to work on it. Surprisingly the cattle hadn't gotten out of it yet. We made small talk about what had happened the last few days but nothing major.

Kaelyn

Drew told me she wasn't his and that made my day go on better. I hate to be that way but I'm actually relived that he's childless. I mean I know that's selfish of me and I shouldn't be that way but a part of me still had a hole in my heart missing for my little Kyle Watson Jr..

I gulped when the boys walked in.

You'd think I would be use to it by now, it's been nearly two years since my pregnancy and everything.. It gets easier but sometimes I miss how everything use to be. Coming home to Kyle having supper cooked on nights that I was out late practicing. He was really sweet until he started drinking and everything changed..

I had started supper early so it would be done by the time everyone was done with chores and everything. The girls has left this morning for a rodeo up in northern Texas. I decided I didn't wanna go this round so I stayed home with the boys.

I was making hamburger steak covered with gravy an mashed taters with corn, something simple tonight since its been a long day.. My phone buzzed and it was Drew. He was letting me know he was in for the night and about to take a shower. I didn't respond until after I had set the table and had the boys plates in front of them.

I missed Drew a lot but I couldn't let that show.. It all seemed to good to be true, him coming in out of no where and being the perfect stranger.. It all happened to fast way to fast and then before I knew it he was leaving. I tried to set my mind aside from all of that and sit down and eat with the boys. They were talking about their runs today, sounded like they kept getting better as time went on. I was really proud of them they've came along ways.