Dusk To Dawn

Kaelyn

Ty got in the truck with a little cooler full of beer I assume, he placed it in the backseat and had himself one in a koozie. I put the truck in drive and headed out to the back roads. I figured we'd drive down to the riverfront and sit there under the moonlight and talk, It's usually where we go when beers involved.

"So what's on your mind" Ty broke the silence.

I looked at him and didn't even know where to start.

"A lot" I said

I guess he could hear the hurt in my voice, he looked at me and then looked out the window. I knew he didn't really need the stress of all this but I knew he would listen and actually care.

"Want a beer?" He asked

"Sure"

I turned into a old dirt road that lead a few miles and ended up by the river. It was kinda close to my parents house, the house I grew up in. Which reminded me I needed to go talk to them about moving in with Drew.. well I don't know if that's gonna happen anymore.

"So, what's up?"

"Drew. You and Justin. Life. I just don't know anymore"

"Me and Justin?" He questioned

"You two changed when I mentioned moving in with Drew"

"Were just worried Kae"

"About what Ty I'm a grown women"

"We just care for you is all.." "what happened with Drew?" He changed the subject

"He's ignored me all day, I don't know.."

I took the beer out of his hand and took a swig. Maybe this would actually help me relax a little. I don't even know where to start off by talking about anything..

"He's changed, everything was fine then I came home told y'all I wanted to move and then he was happy and coming to see me and then y'all got mad and now he's ignoring me"

Ty glanced at me I knew he was hiding something but he didn't want to show it. He chugged his beer and opened another one. Great. He's ignoring the problem too.

"Ty?"

"Hmm?"

"What's going on"

He sighed.. "I don't really know how to tell you.."

Drew

I laid there with a pillow over my head and Sadie was by my side. I couldn't sleep but I didn't have the energy to get up either. I was running my hand threw sadies hair trying to distract myself from my phone.

It went off again.. I pulled the pillow off my head and turned over to grab my phone. My heart broke when I read the text.. How could she think I don't love her anymore or feel the same towards her.. I love her with all that I am and I've never felt this way about anyone. I want nothing more than to start a family with her someday, I want her here with me everyday. I want to hold her in my arms while she sleeps, so peacefully.. I want to kiss her lips every night before I fall asleep and when I wake up in the morning.. I want to cook her her favorite foods and surprise her, I want to take care of her when she's sick.. I want to just love her like she deserves and never let another man hurt her..

I dialed her number even though I knew I wasn't suppose to say anything about Ty and Justin wanting to talk I didn't care anymore. The only thing I need is her. My stomach turned over when she didn't answer and it went to voicemail.

I texted her but no response. My heart was breaking as every second passed. I dialed her number again but it rang and went to voicemail again.. Did she really mean don't bother contacting her again and block my number.. or was she just asleep.. I texted her again. 'Kaelyn, I love you with all my heart. I wasn't intentionally ignoring you.. there's a lot on my mind right now and I was told not to stress you out about it. I didn't wanna worry you on the phone so that's why I didn't call. Don't go I promise you I'm not like every other asshole in the world. Kaelyn I love you call me please!' I laid back down and fought my tears. I'm a grown ass man why the hell am I crying.. men don't cry. You're in love the voice in my head told me.

Ten minutes have passed and she still hasn't got back to me. I called her again but it went to voicemail. I hope she's just sleeping but my gut says she's not.. maybe instead of meeting with them tomorrow I'll head that way tonight. After all it's only a two and a half hour drive, that would put me there about 3am..

Kaelyn

"What do you mean Ty" I said looking over at him.

He looked down at the floorboard not sure what to say. I don't know what he's hiding but I now know that Drew ignoring me has something to do with all of this. But I didn't understand.

"We think Drew is our brother" he said

"Who's our?"

"Justin and me"

"You and Justin are brothers?"

He nodded..

"I've always thought so but never knew.. but how is Drew in with all of this?"

"We all have the same mother" ty said and I looked at him confused.

"So what does that have to do with me and him?" I asked

"Well mine and Justin's father never claimed Drew, he always said he wasn't his son.. We do not know if that's true or not, but if Drew is actually his kid that means you and him are related to each other Kaelyn."

"How are we relation?"  I asked

"You know how your grandpa was married once before her met Mema?"

I nodded

"Our dad is his son Kaelyn so if Drew is our dads son then basically Drew is your cousin"

I opened another beer and took a sip, trying to wrap my mind around all of this. So I could be in love with my cousin? That's insane. I hope to God that that is not the case..

~~~~~~~

Update

Hmm should I end this book with a cliff hanger..?

Comment & vote