September 22nd, 2015

Every Tuesday is therapy day. But today I'm actually looking forward to it.

Today I decided that I'm actually gonna talk to her. Show her that I'm taking my medicine and talking more. Maybe I can stop coming every Tuesday.

I remember the first time I went to therapy...

"Hi Arabella, I'm Mrs.Trace. How are you today?"

I sat there, staring at her. She looked at me with a smile on her face, waiting for me to answer.

"How about we use hand signals. Thumbs up for good, thumbs down for bad, and thumbs up and down for okay."

I put my thumb up, then put it down.

At the end of the hour, it was time for me to go. She gave me a lollipop. I got into the car, sitting next to my twin brother. Adam saw that I had a lollipop.

"Lucky, you got a lollipop."

"I don't want it." I whispered.

"Can I have it?" He asked.

I nodded my head, giving it to him.

It became a routine up until I turned fifth-teen. After then I stopped getting lollipops and I no longer used hand signals. I was used to seeing her every Tuesday, so you would assume that I would be comfortable with her. But I wasn't. I didn't like having to go to her office for an hour once a week, while she attempts to get me to talk. I didn't like it.

**

"Hello Arabella." Mrs.Trace greeted.

"Hello." I said back, sitting down.

"How are you?"

"I'm good actually." I said.

"That's great! How is school so far? Did you make any friends?" She asks.

"I have two friends. Bree and Denis. Bree is the girl you asked about before because my parents told you about her." I explained.

"And who is Denis?"

"Denis is this guy who is well known at my school. He's in a band."

"What is his band named?"

"They don't have a name, they're still deciding on what to name it." I said.

"You're really responsive today, that makes me really happy Arabella." She smiled.

"I also feel happy for the first time in ten years."

"You do? When did you first start to feel happy?"

"When I left Denis's house. He invited me over for dinner with his family."

"How do you feel about Denis?" She asks, writing in her book.

"He's a great friend. He's like Bree, he didn't give up on trying to be my friend. I like him for that." I said, smiling.

"So you have feelings for Denis?"

"N-no. I don't feel like that towards him. The only thing I feel is happiness or nothing in general."

She smiled, writing in her book then closing it.

"This is what I've been waiting for. For when you first stepped into my office. I waited for you to come in here one day and talk and feel. You're talking and you're starting to feel."

"You never thought about giving up on me?" I asked.

"I never did."

When she said that I smiled, a big smile.

**

I forgot to put this in the first chapter, so I'm saying it now.

Yes, this is a love story, but the romance is not gonna start for a while. I'm focusing on Arabella's development right now.

But don't worry, romance will come soon.