December 31st, 2015

New Years Eve..

The last day of 2015..

On January 1st, 2015, I was the quiet girl, Bree was still trying to start a friendship with me. Now it is December 31st, 2015, I'm no longer that quiet girl, I'm proud to call Bree my best friend, I've experienced emotions that I've lost, I found Denis.

The last five months of 2015 was a long ride, a lot happened, a lot changed. But I'm going into 2016 a changed person and I'm happy about that, I'm truly happy with that.

**

"Arabella what's your new years resolution?" Bree asked, setting her phone down.

"My resolution? Uhm, my resolution would be to be happy. To stay happy and not go back to the girl who wasn't feeling anything." I say, playing with my thumbs.

Bree smiles, then pulls me into an unexpected hug. I hug back and smile.

"God, I'm so proud of you Arabella. You've come so far in a matter of months." She says, pulling back and smiling at me.

**

I open the front door, and walk onto my front porch. I got a text from Denis, saying to go to my front porch, there's a surprise waiting, but I didn't see anything. Something covers my eyes and I slightly panic.

"Did you miss me?" Someone says, and I let out a sigh of relief.

I turn around, seeing Denis smiling down at me. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him.

Denis left to go visit family on the 22nd, and wasn't supposed to be back until the 3rd of January.

"You're back early." I say, pulling away.

"I wanted to bring in the new year with you." He says, wrapping his arms around me.

I smile and say "Happy New Year Stoff."

"Happy New Year Alexandria."

**

13 Reasons Why is an amazing show, and if you haven't watched it, I highly recommend that you do. There are some scenes that are triggering and I understand if you don't want to watch the show because of that.

Also...

Thank you for 7k reads! This story is also one year old and it has come a long way since then