October 12th, 2015

Homecoming week...

The week were all the students have this sudden school spirit and actually participate in the school activities. People get asked to go to the Homecoming dance, the football team is praised. Every year.

I didn't participate the three years in high school I've been in. Now that I'm a senior and actually have friends, that might change. Maybe.

**

"You have to come to the dance. Maybe Denis will ask you." Bree grins, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't kn-" I say, then stop mid sentence when I see something.

I see Denis leaning against his locker, some girl smiling and twirling her hair next to him. That girl was Madison Hales, she dated my brother freshman year. She never liked me since I never tried to engage a friendship with her.

She leans in and kisses Denis and I stop breathing for a second and drop my smile. Bree looks at what I was watching. A feeling ran through me, I didn't feel sad. I didn't feel mad. I felt hurt. But why?

"Yeah he's not gonna ask me." I said, slamming my locker shut and walking off.

**

"Are you made at me?" Denis asks me.

We were doing our stretches in gym. I didn't talk to him in history and he was trying to figure out. I was starting to feel annoyed. Not just with him, but with myself as well. Why would I ignore him? Oh yeah, he kissed a girl and almost a month ago he said that he wanted to bite my lip. Nice.

"I wasn't in a talking mood Denis." I say, kind of harshly.

"Damn, you sure? You seem mad about something." He said, looking at me with concern.

I'm about to say something when Madison says something. She's smiling widely, exposing her perfectly straight teeth, and they weren't like that freshman year. She see's me and drops her smile, looking at me with disgust.

"Come on Denis, let's walk the track." Madison says in a fake cheery voice.

That's what Denis and I do. We walk the track everyday in gym.

"Yeah I'm just fine." I mumble, rolling my eyes.

Denis is about to say something but I shake my head and turn around. I walk over to Ben and James, deciding to hang out with them for today.

"Why aren't you with Denis love?" Ben asks.

"Because Miss Madison wants to walk the track with him." I sigh, sitting down on the bleachers.

I look at Madison trying to pull Denis towards the track. He's looking at me with an hurt expression. Did I hurt his feelings? He finally gives in and goes to the track with Madison.

**

"Arabella! Someone is at the door for you!" My mother yells from downstairs.

I get off of my bed and walk downstairs, towards the door. I open it and see Denis, he gives me a small smile as I close the door behind me.

"What's up?" I ask, rubbing my arm.

"What happened today? You don't talk to me all day and ditch me in gym." He explains.

"Madison wanted to walk the track with you." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"And? We always walk the track."

"I know. I just thought you would want to, seeing as you guys kissed this morning." I said, biting my lip.

"Is that why you ignored me?" He asks.

"I don't know. Maybe!" I sigh.

"Why?" He asks.

"Maybe because she's my brothers ex and she dislikes me because I never tried to be her friend." I explain. "Are you guys dating?"

"Alexandria.."

"You are." I whisper, feeling hurt again.

"Can we just talk about this?" He asks, running his fingers through his hair."

"N-no I have to finish my homework." I say quickly, opening the door.

"Alex-"

"I'll see you tomorrow." I go inside and close the door.

I put my back against the door, taking a deep breath.

**

Another feeling! Next chapter she will feel something else, hint hint it's not such a good feeling to feel.