Chapter 2: Watching the Show with Emily

After I was done eating and had my plate in the sink, I went back upstairs to my bedroom.

I played some music on my iPod as I sat on top of my bed. I was texting two of my best friends back whom I have been close to, for as long as I can remember. Jacob, who's twenty-one and Emily, who is actually my age. All three of us are really close friends and we spend a lot of time together since middle school. Jacob had just sent me a video of him from when he was drunk last night and he was trying to sing at a karaoke bar.

I think whomever he was with took the video for him probably for me and Emily to see. Trust me, he can't sing at all and it was off key; also he was standing on a pool table too. I laughed hard so much that I ended up falling off the bed. Poor Jake must've been really embarrassed by the time he saw that of himself. Meanwhile, Emily is talking to me about girl problems, video games,...oh and the show Ghost Adventures too.

We mostly always end up talking about boys or handsome male celebrities for some reason. It's quite funny in a way but it doesn't matter though. Because I'm glad I have someone to talk to about my man or any problems at all. Or if I want to suddenly fan girl about him, she was there for me as I was for her. She's one of those girls that's sweet as hell but will go down with you in the end of it all. In the end no matter what, she's always been there for me...and I know that she will.

Its just a girl thing in a way overall, ya know?

I was on my phone texting Jacob and Emily while listening to music on my iPod, my mom told me that Ghost Adventures is about to come on. I squealed and turned on the TV in my room. I know I'm an adult big still act like a child. But hey, this is one of my favorite shows we're talking about here! Then, I sat down on my bed as I turned to Travel Channel just in time. I sighed to myself, staring at Zak Bagans. God how I admire him so much. Why you may ask?

Well, because he's overall amazing and a good man....I surely enjoy gawking at him too.

The episode that came on is The Stanley Hotel. I half want to go to this place just to see if I'll experience anything. But knowing me, I'll be too chicken to go through with it. Surprisingly tonight though, some of my favorites are on tv tonight as well. After The Stanley Hotel is The Bird Cage Theater, Proveglia Island, Vallisca Ax Murder House, and The Mizpah Hotel.

Emily loves Ghost Adventures just as much as me; another of many reasons why I love her so much. So, I texted her to tell her that our show was on with some of our favorites. Emily only lives like five minutes away from me currently and Jacob lives within ten minutes of me and Emily. Nothing is better than to coincidently have your two best friends live close to you. Emily never responded to my text message as the first round of commercials were now on.

Suddenly, she opens my bedroom door, catching her breath.

I laughed as I shook my head, "Did you just run here Em?" She responded; "Yes I did. You know me by now," and sat with me on my bed. I asked her, "Why did you run here anyway? Not that I'm complaining or anything," I asked. "To spend the night here and watch our favorite show together Baby Bear. Besides it's better to do this than to text back and forth constantly; and geeking out over everything too." I just smiled big as she smiled back; I admire our friendship so much.

If you're wondering why Emily calls me Baby Bear, it's because she suddenly came up with it one day at middle school. Since that very day, it's stuck with us and now many years later it's becoming my main nickname for my friends to call me. Jacob now calls me that to because of her and has been since eighth grade. Emily used to stay the night here all the time since we were in high school and my parents got used to it. Now she's basically family to them.

~~~~~~

Emily and I were just sitting on my bed with blankets, watching the show when commercials come on again. Emily groans, "Why do they always put the commercials on when the best part is about to happen?!" I just laughed and responded, "I have no idea but I wish the network wouldn't sometimes. I guess it's to keep the suspense of the show overall Em."

Then just before the show comes back on, Zak comes on and says, "Go to TravelChannel.com for more information on Ghost Adventures and also The Ghost Adventures Crew has decided to hold a contest..."

Emily and I smiled back at each other and stared at the TV as Zak kept talking; "Each fan can sign up with one friend or a family member and the lucky two winners will get a chance to meet Nick, Aaron and myself in Tampa, Florida. This contest is for so we can meet some fans from somewhere around the world. Nick, Aaron and I all wanted to do something different and this will not be the only contest, but at this time it is so good luck everyone."

I screamed happily, "Oh my god Em, that's only like a few hours away from here!!" She squealed, "Oh my gosh Baby Bear we have enter the contest! We could possibly win and get to meet them!!" I giggled as I looked at her, "Emily calm down, I will enter it for the both of us." She just giggled and sat on the bed. While the show was on, I got online on my laptop to enter the contest for Emily and me.

Around five minutes later. I was done. I stated, "Hey Em, there is one problem..." "What is it?" "Well, we won't know till next week." "I'll text my mom tomorrow and ask her if I can stay till then. I know your parents won't mind me staying here."

"Yeah that's because my parents are used to you and Jake coming and staying over." We both just started smiling and laughed.

We just spent the rest of the night watching Ghost Adventures and movies. We also ate snacks, popcorn, and drank soda. This is one of the main reasons why I love my best friend, she's just sassy and funny but also a nerd and we can geek out together about anything at all. Most of the sleepovers we have contain moments like this.