Chapter 14: The Breakup and the Kiss

~ The Next Afternoon ~

Emily and I were in our hotel room, packing up to put our things in her car. Nick and Aaron were packing too. Zak...last night, he told us he would be going out for the night probably. All he did was hug me goodbye really and that's it. No kiss or anything sort of the matter.

And that wasn't like him at all...he knew we were leaving the next day. This morning, I went to say hey to him and to figure out what was wrong. But when I opened the door to his room, the room was clean and his stuff was gone. All that was left was a piece of paper next to the small TV.

It stated....

Baby Bear, 

I'm sorry for leaving everyone like this last night but I just needed a night alone. I just needed to clear my head. If you're wondering why I left...it's because...well...I...I have decided to break up with you. I know you're thinking why....well, I think you may already know the answer.

I just don't do long distance relationships and the show with the guys; I don't know when I will see you and Emily again. This is really hard for me to do Crystal. But you're someone I have been so happy with and I haven't been for awhile. I wish things could be different and we both live so far away from each other.

You're a special and a beautiful woman Baby Bear, believe me. But continuing our relationship will be really dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt if something happens with me on an investigation. But we are over....I'm sorry about this but I think it's for the best. 

Love, Zak. 

I kept looking at the words, But we are over.

I started to tear up and the next thing I knew, I started to cry uncontrollably. Nick, Emily, and Aaron heard me crying nearby and came bursting into the room. They crowded around me with pure concern...seeing the room empty. Emily saw that I was shaking bad, so she grabbed the short letter from Zak, and read it out loud.

Once she was done reading it, I was busting out crying even more. Nick immediately put his arms around me and let me embrace him. My head was on his shoulder lightly as Aaron and Em hugged us both. So now we were group hugging each other. They all said sorry, it was okay, and don't worry about him.

But I knew that they were shocked about this.

After a couple minutes of hugging, we all let go so we could go finish packing and getting ready to go. Since Zak took his car, Nick and Aaron didn't have a ride so they are going to be joining us for now. Also, they just want to come with Emily and me and see where we live. They also said they wanna stay with us longer and be around us. Since Zak is nowhere to found anyway and they can't leave to go to Vegas without him.

~~~~~

I went into Nick's room to make sure he was ready to go so we can leave soon.

I knocked on his door, even though it was partly open already, "Hey Nick, you almost ready to go?" He turned to look at me at the doorway as he walked towards me. "Yeah I'm almost ready." We were both standing in front of each other, kind of speechless. He stated breaking the silence, "I'm really sorry about Zak breaking up with you."

"Its fine," I admitted sadly. He put his hands on my shoulders as he looked at me sternly. "I truly don't believe it is Baby Bear. You're really upset and hurt and I'm sorry that you are. That isn't like Zak at all, I don't know what has gotten into him. I've known him for years...he wouldn't do this."

All I could do was just stare at him.

He continued saying, "You really are a special woman Crystal...not just special, but really beautiful and amazing also." He stepped closer to me and I could feel his body heat and smell his minty breath. My heart started to pound and I'm starting to get nervous. Why is Nick making me feel like this all of a sudden?

His cologne smelled really good honestly.

All I could manage to say sweetly, "Thanks Nick..."I smiled a little at him as he smiled back. We both stared into each other's eyes and my heart pounded even more within each second. How could I be feeling this way with Nick? Is it for the fact of the loving comfort i'm feeling? Or am I partly going crazy all of a sudden now? And why is he like this? I personally thought he liked Emily not me...and I was with Zak.

Both of us just couldn't  say anything really.

The next thing I knew....I felt his lips on mine.

His kiss is so soft and sweet that I couldn't resist it. I had to kiss him back. We both knew it was wrong to do this but I feel drawn. Maybe it's because I'm simply hurt and needing a distraction. But this is so sudden and I didn't expect this at first. He didn't rush me or anything at all...he was sweet about it. It was like we both just got caught up within this moment of time.

We just kept kissing softly with my arms around his neck and his arms were around my waist. Our bodies were against each other. Soon, he softly bit my lower lip and I granted him entry. While we were both french kissing, he was tracing my spine with his finger. I tried not to moan but a soft one escaped my mouth before I even realized it.

He chuckled but smiled softly at me.

He turned us around and pinned me against the wall nearby. God, I really should stop this but I can't...it's like I'm in an trance that I can't escape out of. He started to kiss my neck to tease me and softly biting it as I moaned softly again. I grinded my lower part against him to tease him back as I heard a soft moan escape from him. All I could do was just giggle.

We just kept making out and I felt like I couldn't breathe—like there was a lump in my throat. I don't know why though. But what he told me next made me smile. "Baby Bear..." "Yes Nick?" He whispered in my ear, "I love you..." I could feel his breath on my cheek as I felt myself blush. I became lost for words completely. I don't know honestly if he meant in a good friendly way or something more than that. Knowing I couldn't say anything back to him, Nick kissed my lips softly again.

I gave in and kissed him back.

We started to french kiss again as I started to trace his spine with my finger this time. He helped me to wrap my legs around him as pressed me carefully against him. Just by looking into his eyes, was starting to make me feel like I'm totally hypnotized. He smelled really good and he even tastes good and sweet like too. Is he caught up in this moment as well? And just how long has he felt like this towards me?

Nick Groff is really starting to take my breath away....and just what have I gotten myself into?