Chapter 16: Why Would He Do It?

~Nick's POV~

I looked over at Baby Bear as she started to cry her eyes out. 

I wrap my left arm around her as she snuggled next to me...still crying some. I was listening to her music that she was playing on her phone for the both of us. She for some reason kept repeating 'Somebody That I Used To Know'; at least two to three times. Her music was on shuffle so 'Behind These Hazel Eyes' by Kelly Clarkson came on; after 'Somebody That I Used To Know' was over. About two minutes into the song, she was about to cry her eyes out again.

So I skipped that song and the next song that came on was 'Where Have You Been' by Rihanna. I actually like this song...I mean its catchy and plus it has a nice beat to it. I tried to be goofy to make her smile some and luckily....I did! Aaron then turned around and started to make funny faces at her. She started to laugh at him and I just shook my head. He always has to be a goof ball.  But I love him like a brother from another mother as they say.

I just cannot believe that Zak would do something like this. This really isn't like him at all and deep inside I have a feeling that something is really wrong. As long as I have known him, he will never do anything like this. I just hope his psycho of a ex girlfriend....didn't make him do all of this. Or maybe he did mean to do all this? But why would he? And why would he leave me and Aaron behind? Crystal also is like the most caring, and down-to-earth girl I've ever known; even being a huge fan of the show. Is he maybe messing with her or her heart? 

No....no.

Don't think like that Nick.

Zak is like a brother to you also and you've known him for years. 

I do know him really well and I can tell that he really liked Crystal. But what he did, just didn't make any sense at all. I mean ... it just wasn't uncalled for. Plus, she is pregnant with Zak's baby after all and he doesn't even know either. Crystal had to be a virgin cause it sounded like it was her first time when she told Aaron and I. But why didn't Zak use a condom? Well sometimes when he has sex with someone else he doesn't...but not the point. Maybe Zak didn't know that she was a virgin. Maybe he thought that she wasn't a virgin after all. Or maybe Baby Bear just forgot to tell him that she was a virgin. 

I don't know but it's whatever. The more I went deep into thought about it all, the more I felt my body tense up. Baby Bear is in a good mood and is feeling better since Emily gave her some soda. I guess she felt my body tensing up cause she looked up at me and asked, "Are you okay Nick?" I looked down at her and remembered that her head was still laying in my lap. Now she's going to be worried that something's bothering me. I stroked her hair and said, "Yeah, I'm alright Baby Bear...I'm just thinking a-little that's all." 

She looked at me like she was still unsure and I gave her a soft smile; letting her know what I was alright. She continued to lay her head on my lap when I felt my phone vibrate beside me. It was a text from Baby Bear and she said, "What are you thinking about? I know something is wrong. Please tell me." I love how caring she is about people though. But I also wondered why Zak did what he did. Why did he get drunk and have sex with four different women?

I responded back to her text.

"Sorry it's just...I'm just trying to figure out why Zak is doing all this. I have known him for years and would never do something like this." "I know Nick. It doesn't make sense to me either trust me..." She then looked up at me for a spilt second and then looked away. A few seconds later, she texted me again as I felt my phone vibrate in my hand.  "Something else is bothering you Nick, I can tell. And I feel that you're tensed up." I read her text and I was getting tense up.

I gulped as she sent another text to me.

"Please Nick ... tell me what's wrong..." We both looked at each other and I was nervous. She grabbed my hand and smiled at me. I smiled and texted her back. "Well honestly...I'm really mad at Zak for what he did to you. I just don't love you more than a friend....I have some small feelings for you I believe..." She turned her head to read the text that I sent her. I could see her smiling but also blush. I shouldn't feel the way I do even though Emily is really growing on me as well but Crystal is a beautiful young women as well. 

She texted back, "Aww Nick! That's so sweet that you feel that way about me! And I feel loved that you care that much about me. I know I don't feel the same way back but I feel like these past couple weeks we've gotten close. But you and Zak have been close for years. Don't let this situation mess up you, Zak, and Aaron's friendship please..."  "Yeah I know what you mean Crys..."

That was the only thing I actually could think to say back at the moment. I felt like I couldn't say anything else. I also feel very conflicted with my feelings too about these two girls. She turned her head a little and looked at me. I smiled at her softly and she faintly smiled back. Em and Aaron both suddenly noticed how quiet she was. Aaron asked her, "Crystal are you alright back there?" She turned her head and saw that Aaron was looking at us. She responded, "Yeah I'm alright. Thanks for asking Aaron." 

She then smiled at him as he turned back around. Emily said, "Baby Bear I know something is wrong. Please tell us." Crystal paused for a moment and said back, "Well...after Nick and I were texting each other about something...including about Zak, I'm just starting to miss him that's all, Em." "Okay...but I want you to try and forget about all this for awhile. Please try and be happy a little for me, Nick, and Aaron. I hate seeing my best friend in such distress and sadness."

They both looked at each other for a second as Baby Bear said, "I'll definitely try my best for you guys so you don't worry so much."