Chapter 9: The Call

I woke up the next morning, with my head in the crook of Zak's neck. 

I looked down to see our hands still intertwined and we were still cuddling. I smiled to myself loving this moment. I then heard Zak waking up as he yawned and looked at me. I giggled and said, "Good morning sleepy head." "Goodmorning Baby bear," he responded in his sleepy voice. I have to say though, Zak has like the sexiest sleepy voice ever! It just made me want to melt all over again. I then got a funny feeling deep inside that something wasn't right at all. I didn't say anything as I sat up in bed, looking at the time on my phone. It said it was eleven-forty am.

Zak sat up next to me and asked, "Are you okay?....sweetie what's wrong? What is it honey?" "Something doesn't feel right Zak." "What do you mean," Zak asked again as him and I were getting out of bed. "I mean, it feels like something is wrong. I can't explain it....I can just feel like something isn't right that's all." We both then heard a knock on the hotel room door. "Come in," Zak said. Emily walked in and said to me, "Baby Bear, something doesn't feel right. I think something has happened." 

"You're feeling it too Em?" She nodded her head. Just then, the chorus to 'What Makes You Beautiful' by One Direction started to play...someone was calling me on my phone. "Hello," I asked curiously. "Hi there Crystal, its Jake's mom." "Oh, hi Mrs. Lovegood!" Emily then came beside me as I put my phone on speaker. Em said, "Hey Mrs. Lovegood, it's me Emily!" "Hey there girls. How are you doing?" "We're both okay and how about you," I asked her. "I'm doing just fine..." There was a sudden pause and that's not like her. 

Something was bothering her, Em and I could tell. 

She's usually cheerful and keeps us on the phone talking for ages and ages. "What's bothering you Mrs. Lovegood," Em asked. "Listen girls....I have to tell you something. This partly isn't easy for me to say," she said as we could hear she was trying not cry. Emily and I looked at each other as we continued to listen and Zak standing nearby. "I got a call early this morning from the police and they told me that Jake got into a car crash very late last night." I said worried, "Is he alright?" There was another pause as we heard her take in a breath. 

".....Girls, I'm very sorry but....they told me that he passed away on the way to the hospital. He didn't make it girls....my boy didn't make it."  Emily and I looked at each other very shocked and sad. We both started to tear up majorly as I think Jake's mom was too. "We both are very sorry Mrs. Lovegood we know how good of a bond you and him had," Emily said for her and I. "Its fine girls. I'm more worried about you two...the three of you have always been attached to the hip." "We'll be alright after awhile...we're just in shock. Please let you know if you need anything Mrs. Lovegood...please take care," Emily said to her. 

"Thank you girls...I'll let you know. Crystal dear, I will text you later about all this. I'm sorry i just have to go now. Bye girls and take care."  "Bye Mrs. Lovegood," was the only thing we were able to say. I ended the phone call and put my phone down in my pocket. "I...I can't believe this," Emily said tearfully. "I can't believe it either Em...he's really gone. I just knew something didn't feel right." We both started to cry uncontrollably as Zak came up to us and held both of his arms out. I went on one side of him, and Em went on the other side. He wrapped his arms around us comforting us, "I'm very sorry for your loss girls. I'm so sorry." All three of us couldn't say anything. 

Just then Nick and Aaron came in, wondering what is going on. 

Emily ran into Nick's arms as he started to comforting her kind of confused.

I just stayed in Zak's arms, not even able to move at all. Zak then told Aaron and Nick what had happened. Aaron went to go get some water for Em and I as he thought that we would need some. Zak and Nick are just standing there comforting us; we were crying pretty hard. Aaron then said a minute later, "Come on, get dressed girls." "What for," Emily asked as we were drinking our water. Nick responded, "Because we are going to go out for the whole day. You girls deserve it." Emily and I immediately stopped crying as we just looked at them, wondering what exactly they meant.

Zak added in, "Emily, Crystal...Nick, Aaron, and I care about you girls a lot and we are not going to let you guys be sad all day long. It's time to have some fun the rest of the day...now go get ready. The three of us will meet you in the lobby around fifteen minutes so we can go out." Emily and I just nodded our heads as we sadly went to our room across the hall. We went in the bathroom, brush our teeth, and to do something with our hair. About five minutes later, we got dressed and we both didn't say much. I don't think the two of us could because we just couldn't believe it. Jake is a tough guy and a fighter too...but however bad he got hurt, his body must've given up on him.  

It was just silent. I decided to wear a black ruffle tank top, jean shorts, cute black flats, little read rose earrings, and my love ring that Jake gave me a few years ago as a birthday gift. As we were both about to leave, Em grabbed my hand. "Baby bear, it will be okay..." "I know it will Em; I just can't believe that he died..."I can't either...what happened with you and Zak last night?" "Nothing," I responded as I looked down blushing. But she knew that something happened. I'm hardly able to keep anything from her, I don't know why I even try to. 

We both know each other way, way too well. She lifted my head and said, "I know something has happened ....tell me girl spill it!" "Promise you won't tell anyone else? Zak and I are supposed to keep to ourselves and not tell anyone just yet." "Yes Baby Bear I pinky promise!" We both laughed as and I said, "Okay well....last night, Zak and I had sex...." Yes I was nervous and a little shy to tell that to my best friend...but I didn't feel ashamed at all. If anything...I really really loved what me and Zak did. She just got a big toothy grin as she responded,"Ooooohh! You better get that Baby Bear!" She lightly punched my arm which made me smile and laugh and that made her smile and laugh back too.

At least we both were smiling a little...so that was good at least.