Work

"Yep straight through to resus please. Staff nurse masters and Dr. Chow with me please." Connie steered the patient into resus and began checking over the young man's injuries.

He was brought in after being mugged and beaten up by a gang. There's always something new, Connie thought taking tests and ordering her nurses about. Jacob reached for a swab at exactly the same time as Connie and their hands touched. They looked at each other awkwardly, but soon continued saving the patient.

After saving the guys life and stabling her patient, Connie walked into her office and sat down with a sigh. She tried to keep busy, because whenever she sat down and relaxed for five minutes his face would just reappear in her mind. The way his hand felt soft yet strong back in resus - she was doing it again. Frustrated, she got up and headed back into cubicles.

At the nurses station Jacob was talking to Ellie about her kids and how they were getting on. "Well, Mike tried making scrambled eggs last night. Literally, I had only gone to the toilet for five minutes and I get back to him almost burning himself on the stove!" She said handing Jacob some more files.
Jacob laughed, "kids eh. I'd love to have some of my own one day."
"Oh yeah, looking for the perfect ice queen?" She said gesturing her head towards Mrs. Beauchamp who had just walked out of cubicles. Connie glanced at Jacob, but looked straight down again when she saw he was looking.
"What, Connie? Nah I told you we had a thing but it's over now ok? Just stop going on about it" Jacob was annoyed that she had brung up the one girl who he really didn't want to think about right now. He walked off to get some lunch.

Connie was getting some files off of Noel when the phone rang. "Hello, Holby ED how can i help? Mrs. Beauchamp there's been a building collapse and they need a doctor." Noel explained.
Connie couldn't stand to see Jacob and Ellie talking all day so she thought why not, "Tell them I'm on my way."

With that Connie had suited up and was on her way to the entrapment, however she was slightly nervous after the last time she went out, almost getting buried alive.

Connie made her way through the rubble to find Ian and Jez with a woman who had a pile of rocks on top of her legs. "Alright what have we got?"
"Maria Forster, 43, is stable but we can't lift all of the rocks without a chance of the entire building collapsing." Ian informed Connie urgently.
"Ok, hello Maria I'm Connie we're going to get you out of here ok? Can you tell me where the pain is?"
"My-my head is banging and my legs."
"Ok let's have 5mg of morphing-" Connie was interrupted...
"Got here as fast as I could"
No. She knew that voice better than anyone. Why did it have to be him? This building could fall at any second and the one person she wanted to stay safe was him.
"Staff nurse masters." Connie looked up at his handsome physique and couldn't quite take her eyes off him. She wanted to be angry, but she simply couldn't.
"Mrs. B." He gave her a worried half smile. She knew why he was here. To keep her safe...