Baby bombshell?

Connie woke up and immediately ran to the bathroom. She vomitted in the toilet trying her best to hold her hair back. Once it had stopped, she slowly got up and moved back to her bed. She crawled back under the covers and fell back to sleep only meaning to do so for about 10 minutes. However, Connie slept right through until 9:00 am, the exact time that her shift started. "Shit." She said rubbing her head and getting to her feet.
Connie dressed herself as quickly as she could, but she still felt a bit nauseous. She picked up her phone to find a lot of messages. Some from Henrik and Charlie asking about where the hell she was. Jacob had sent a few messages too, "Hey babe, I hope everything was cool yesterday. I thought it'd be best if i went."
"Connie, where are you? We're really busy. Is everything ok?" She smiled at Jacob's concerns for her and continued to get ready.
Grace had already gone to school thinking that Connie must've left already. She had no time for breakfast and headed straight for work.

Connie arrived at work 25 minutes later, she rushed out of her car and into the hospital. Jacob was right. It certainly was busy.
Dr. Chow was the first to approach Connie, "Mrs. Beauchamp thank god your here. There's a man in cubicle 9 that needs treating." She rushed off before Connie could even ask why it was so busy.
Before going to cubicles she dropped off her bags in her office. As she was walking out, she bumped into Jacob. "Connie, your here. What happened last night was everything ok? You didn't reply to any of my texts and then you were late coming in to work. I didn't know what to think." Connie shut him up by giving him a kiss on the lips, which he was very surprised at.
"Everything was fine. I just slept in that's all." She smiled, walking away to treat many patients. Jacob stood there, eyebrows raised, so she's not breaking up with him? He was so confused... Did Grace change her mind?

For the rest of the day Connie and Jacob were far too busy to talk properly to each other. Once everything in the ED had calmed down at around 10pm, Connie decided she really needed to talk to him.
"You wanted to see me?" Jacob walked into her office, Connie was sitting nervously at her desk.
"Yeah, I erm, I needed to talk to you about something."
"I'm listening." Jacob could sense she was trying to figure out a way to dump him.
"I threw up this morning." Jacob frowned at this. "And I'm never sick, so I just need to ask you something... When we had sex at the conference, we definitely used protection right?"
"Yeah, of course we did. I always use protection... but I don't remember putting it on. Woah hang on a second, you don't think your, y'know?" Jacob's eyes widened at her letting out an awkward laugh.
"Maybe." She said slowly.
"Well we've got to find out. I'll go and buy a test now at the chemist." He jumped up out of his seat.
"No need." She held up a test that she did on her break. Jacob took it off her to get a better look.
"Your pregnant?" Jacob's jaw dropped and his eyebrows were raised. He was not expecting this when he walked through her door. Connie just nodded at him, biting the inside of her cheek. Grace would probably kill them when she found out...