I love you

The alarm rang at 6:00am, Jacob groaned, slamming the button down to shut it up. "Baby, you've got to go to work now." Connie said stroking his cheek. She was still on maternity leave, but Jacob had to go back today, sadly. He'd loved every second he spent with Joey and couldn't bare to be without him and Connie all day.
"5 more minutes." Jacob put his hands around Connie's waist and pulled her in towards him. "Oh you are a naughty boy." Connie kissed his lips deeply, not wanting to let him go, however the sound of Joey's screaming caused both of them to get up anyway.
"I'm going to get in the shower sweet cheeks, alright?" Jacob stripped off to his boxers and walked into the bathroom.
Connie stepped into Joey's room where he was still crying. "It's ok, mummy's here." She picked him up and cradled him in her arms, swaying left and right. Joey had changed so much since he was born, he had big brown eyes like his daddy and curly brown hair that sat perfectly on his little head. She smiled down at him and after a while, the crying stopped once Connie changed his nappy.
There was no point going back to bed, so she took Joey downstairs and made a coffee for her and Jacob.
The sound of Jacob walking downstairs brought an automatic smile to her face. He walked into the kitchen where Connie and Joey were sitting and stretched with a yawn. "Better?" Asked Connie.
"Much. Are you going to come and see me today little man?" Jacob stroked his sons cheek, bringing a half-smile to Joey's face. "Did you see that? He smiled!" Jacob took Joey from Connie's arms and spun him around. "Be careful Jacob." Connie watched in horror, as Jacob spun her baby around the kitchen. This turned his half-smile into a full one. "What a clever boy eh?" Jacob and Connie couldn't be any more prouder with their baby boy and they loved watching every second of him growing up.
"Crap, it's 6:20 already. Babe I gotta go, love you Joey." Jacob downed his coffee and kissed Connie on the cheek, handing Joey back into her arms. "Tell Grace I said hi." He grabbed his keys and walked towards the door. Before walking out of the house he turned around. "I love you sweet-cheeks." He winked at her. Connie smiled at the man she loved so much, "I love you too muscles." With that Jacob walked out of the door, looking forward to a long and hard days work.