Chapter 20: we will always be branded.

Song- one republic I lived.

Draco's P.O.V (your welcome)

I feel like shit!

I haven't slept in a week, without Hermione by my side now sleep just seems pointless. Unexciting.

The event from a week ago ran through my head over and over like a train.

Every time I see her she looks worse.

She looks ill, like she hasn't slept nor eaten and I'm worried sick.

I just want to wrap her in my arms and hold her.

Was she right though? Can I live with my mark.

"Oh sorry I didn't know anyone was in here" I looked up to see Harry "oh it's you, sorry" he turned to leave.

"How do you have so many scars but love with them?" I suddenly blurted out.

"I'm sorry what?"

"How can you have these marks and know what you've done in your life and asleep every night knowing you have have done something?"

He hesitated for a second before sitting down in front of me.

"Are you really wanting an answer from me or is this a joke?"

"Seems as much doesn't it, seems unreal. That to enemies who never got to be friends are actually talking"

"You was never my enemy Draco, you was the boy who made many wrong choices but you was never my enemy"

We looked at each other for a moment and he sighed.

"You can't ever move on, the marks remind you of what you have done but they also remind you of where you have came from, the battle you went through, the battle you survived and I sucks knowing others could be living other then you but that is the way it is. The bad things you've done you can't really change. You can only remember, only wish.

There's always next time. You have to live with these things Draco, it what reminds you that you made it regardless of the life you took or the once you saved. Your still here for a reason, you just need to remember to stick to that reason"

"But it seems so hard"

"Accepting IT for the first time will be like that, you'll finally realise what you did; it will haunt you but you will also remember the ones you saved, the ones you love..." he said it as if he knew "-and you live with it"

"How?"

"How you live now. You just live in remembrance of those lost"

"How is it for the first time I ask you something you actually give me a good answer?"

"It's what I do..." he stood up.

"Harry!"

He turned to face me with a frown.

"Why did you help me"

He was quite for a moment then smiled.

"It's what WE do Draco, we help people who need it"

I looked down then at him "thank you!"

"Help will always given at Hogwarts for those at who ask for it!"

Then after a pat on the shoulder he left.

I put my head into my arms and sighed, never thought I'd hear myself say this but...Potter was right.

I shot up of my chair and started running down the hall.

"Draco!" The sound of that voice stopped me in my tracks.

I turned around deadly slow and came face to face with...pansy.

"Come on baby! I haven't seen you in ages lets go somewhere" she touched my arm and I snatched it away.

"Don't ever touch me! You better thank god that I'm busy looking for someone otherwise I'd kick your arse. You also better start running now because when I get hold of you after what you did to hermione...I'm going to kill you!"

"B-but"

"Run death eater run!" I snapped.

She ran off sobbing and I turned around, unfazed and started looking for my princess.

I saw her sitting under a tree and smiled, so I went behind it and climbed it.

"You know the past hurts to bring up but be as it may we all have to accept and move on after a while" I said making her jump and look up at me.

"D-Draco" she stutters "why the sudden out burst?"

"I had time to find my self"

"How long did that take you?"

"Not as long as I thought, I had help from a friend...well I don't know what we are it's pretty fucked up. It's confusing"

"Draco?"

"No! Just listen the point is...help is always given in hogwarts for those who ask"

"Where did you hear that?" She looked between shocked and upset.

"A unlikely friendship" I smiled down at her before jumping down.

"I'm sorry I acted the way we did. It just took me a bit longer to realise"

"What do you mean Draco?"

I hold her hand and turn both of ours around showing her 'mudblood' mark and my 'death eater' mark.

I keep my head down "everyone throughout there life will be branded, either you can see it or you can't but it doesn't mean it's not there. Our marks are just a painful reminder of where we've been and where we are going to go, I can do that but only with you by my side" I looked at her.

Then almost feel back by the unpacked of her hitting my chest.

She wrapped her arms around me and hid her face in my neck "I've missed you Draco. I've missed you so much!"

"My angel you look ill and that just won't do..." I pull her back so I can see her face "no matter what happens we will make it through together, always together okay?"

She nods and smiles.

"We will always be branded hermione, I can never go back and right my wrongs but I can correct them in the present and NEVER make them mistakes again. We will always be reminded that the past was hard. But from that we will always know that we will be going something"

"I'll go anywhere as long as it's with you" then I slammed my lips into hers.

The truth is...we are branded one way or another it just takes some longer to realise.

A/N

UPDATE!!!!

Whoop whoop

Watcha think about that then huh huh huh?!!!

Yeah I know I love you to 😂

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.

SHARE!!!

Dramione-4-life xxxx