Chapter 2: Becoming His Target

******

Violet's POV

.

.

I was waiting in the parking lot at the end of the day for my dad to pick me up, but I looked like he was late. I told him that I was fine with walking but he said that he would be there. And now he is fifteen minutes late. Not that I minded but almost everyone was gone by now. Only two cars and a bike was parked there. Now that I paid attention, I saw that it was a beautiful heavy bike in black colour and it was not that far from me. I wasn't scared of bikes, but I still didn't like them. And this one looked dangerous to ride on. I didn't realized that I had moved closer to the bike until I heard the annoying sound of heels accompanied with the voices of two girls. I turned around to see the girl from this morning. She was the head cheerleader and the girlfriend of the one and only Brad Parker, Melissa Collins. The other girl was her friend and a cheerleader. Kate told me this at lunch. She was marching towards her car in her dangerously high heels which could put her in coma if she slipped. Now that would be funny! Both girls got into Melissa's car and she drove it away.

Brad stepped out just as she was leaving the premises of school. He started moving in my direction and I panicked thinking that maybe he would really go through with his threat. His voice broke me out of my thoughts, "You really are asking for it. Move!"

"Huh?" Was my brilliant response.

He clenched his fist in annoyance and pushed me out of the way. I was caught off guard and my butt met the floor with a thud sound. He ignored my fall and swung his long jeans-clad leg over the bike, putting on a helmet and starting the blasted machine. He revved it and then within seconds he was out of my sight.

I sighed in defeat and stood up. Guess this school would be not much different from my old school. Yeah, I had always been bullied because I dress up plainly and got good grades. I had never wanted the people to know that my father is the HR manager in one of the biggest companies in the country, Parker Enterprises Holdings. I didn't wanted them to think that I was some spoiled brat just because my father is wealthy. People always judge you no matter what! Recently my dad got promoted to the same post at the head office of the company located in New York and he couldn't have been happier. This reminded me that dad was late. I frowned and took out my iPhone to call him. He answered right away and told me that he was late because of the traffic but would be here in two minutes.

I saw his car and ran to it. He unlocked the door and I climbed in. "Hey, dad!" I greeted.

"Sorry, dear, I'm late. And how was your first day?" he inquired.

"Just normal," I answered but the conversation died after it. I guess he had a lot on his mind right now.

It wasn't long that he parked in the driveway of our two-storey house. It was painted white on the outside and had a front as well as back yard. We walked up the four steps and to the porch. He unlocked the door with his keys and we entered. The brief hallway led to a living space which had an open kitchen at one side and a staircase on the other. It was painted with light colours to give it a spacious look with brown furniture including a big L-shaped couch, a coffee table, a love seat, side tables and a rocking chair,etc. A 52" LED TV was attached to the wall in front of the couch. Music system was also installed. Upstairs were two rooms, one for my parents and one for me.

I raced to my room for I suddenly felt the need to pee. I stormed into my room and straight into the en suite. After relieving myself, I just laid on my bed and thought about the events of today. One thing is for sure, Brad would sure bully me now as I was clearly on his target list now. By the way, isn't he so hot! Wait, what, no! I didn't just thought that. He has a girlfriend, for God's sake!