Chapter 4

(A/N)

Oops

*********
Jake walked into the living room all of a sudden, a bottle of water in his hand.

Kevin looked up immediately, Todrick's head on his shoulder, while Todrick also held Grace. "Hey, Alpha. Something wrong? You look... Distraught."

"Well yeah. I'm losing my mind. I don't know if Alex is okay. Travis is in there with him, to make it worse. And... I can smell Kirstie's fucking Heat all the way down the block."

"Oh, I'm sorry... Perhaps that was an irrational question... I've had to take care of Kirstie before, health wise. If you'd like me to..?"

Jake threw himself down onto the couch beside Todrick, and sighed loudly. "Would you please? I've tried. I really have. I'm just not good at self control, I guess. And I'm afraid of what I'll do if my Alpha comes out."

Kevin stood, pressing a kiss to Todrick's temple as he did so. "I'll take care of her. Thank you, Jake. I'm sorry you're stressing."

Todrick frowned at him, and shifted over to lean on Jake's shoulder instead, shifting Grace over slightly as well. "Oh shoot... I should make dinner."

Jake raised an eyebrow at him. "It's really late, y'know..."

"But it was my responsibility. And also... I'm hungry."

*******

The nurse insisted that Alex was moved to the x-ray room in a wheel chair, because that was the process regardless of the injury.

Scott wheeled him down, allowing the nurse to do her job of interrogating Alex.

Finally she got to the bottom of the page, and eyed him carefully. "Is there any chance at all that you could be pregnant?"

"No, Ma'am."

"What's your Ranking?"

"A nine, Ma'am. But I haven't had the surgery for fertility."

"Ah, I see." She wrote something, and then looked back over. "Wow.. A nine, huh? That's awesome."

Alex smiled widely at her. "Oh, thank you!"

She smiled back at him. "And I can see why. You're just, the sweetest thing." She gave him a once over. "And you're very attractive. What on Earth did they mark you down for? Why not a ten?"

Alex shrugged, and moved his arms onto his lap when he went through the doorway of the dark room.

Scott frowned. "I think... I heard the Alpha marking scores say it was because of his height. Alphas don't like tall Omegas. Which I know is a horrible thing, I'm not agreeing with it, I'm just relaying what they said."

She nodded sadly. "Ah... I see... How silly of them? To mark your score down for something you have no control over. You should get retested."

Alex pouted. "I did... I used to be a five. Now I'm a nine... Even the nice Counsel wouldn't overlook that?"

Scott shrugged behind him. "Some things never change."

*******

Travis was now in a temporary sling, just until his shoulder heals, which shouldn't be more than a few days, being the Alpha that he is.

Mitch was leaning into his other side, not speaking.

Avi's ankle had been wrapped up as well, a few scratches taken care of also.

When the nurses left, the others were just to sit in silence until Alex's brigade came back.

Avi sighed loudly.