Chapter 37

(A/N)

OKAY so. The new book I was thinking about... I fixed up the first chapter and added to it, so if y'all are into it, I'd totally post it for you to see ^-^

Quick note; the cover is temporarily blank, because I'm giving the wonderful human making it AS MUCH TIME AS SHE NEEDS.

I gave her kind of a big request haha.

JUST A THOUGHT HAHA

*********

Kevin and Todrick were in the kitchen, working on Mitch's gluten free cake.

Avi was sat at the table, watching them, with a cup of coffee in front of him. "His birthday was yesterday, guys."

Todrick just glanced at him. "So? People celebrate Christmas for like... A whole month."

"I'm pretty sure Christmas is very, very different."

"You don't have to tell me."

Avi took a deep breath, and decided not to respond. He tried to keep his mind occupied, thinking about Kirstie sitting on the couch with Jake, taking care of the baby.

Travis had gone home to take care of a few things, so Avi didn't have to worry about that either.

Alex bounded into the kitchen like a child in the midst of a sugar rush. "It smells so good in here!"

Kevin grinned at him. "I'll let you have the frosting when I'm done."

"Aw that's nice of you! You don't have to do that." Alex got sidetracked, when he saw the cake itself, as Todrick pulled it out of the oven.

Todrick glanced back at him. "Watch out, honey. It's hot." Notice that he used 'hot' as an adjective regarding temperature.

Alex moved away quickly, and turned to look at Avi. "Hi! Why are you sitting all alone?" He questioned as he skipped over, taking a seat beside Avi.

Avi merely glanced over, and then looked back down at his coffee. "Just having some quiet time. Gets chaotic around here sometimes. It's always nice to take a step back."

Alex stood quickly. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did you want to be alone?"

Avi hesitated a second. It's not like he would really mind... "Do you wish to hang out with me?"

"Yes, Alpha."

"Can you be quiet without being completely silent?"

"Yes, Sir. I'm decent at being minimal."

"Then you can stay."

Alex grinned, teeth on full display. "Thank you!" He sat back down in his seat, hands folded politely on the table.

Avi pushed his coffee mug toward Alex. "Want some?"

Alex just blinked at him. "Sir, I'm not allowed to..."

"I just said you could."

Alex nodded, snagging the cup, and taking a quick sip before setting it back down in front of Avi again. "Thank you, Sir."

Avi just smiled, looking back toward the Betas.

Alex didn't dare say another word, eyes wide as he waited for his next order.