Chapter 17

(A/N)

Hi sorry public service announcement;

OKAY I DON'T USUALLY RECOMMEND THINGS TO Y'ALL BUT SERIOUSLY OMG

The INSTANT you're done with this chapter I need you to go listen to 'Overture' by Black Veil Brides bc GIRL

LET ME TELL YOU

THAT SHIT IS GORGEOUS.

No joke I listen to it when I edit chapters and I just realized by not sharing it with you I'm doing a disservice.

It's literally less than 2 minutes long and purely instrumental and it is just... Ugh. It's so beautiful I can't

********

Scott was already half asleep, and Alex had just closed his eyes by the time Travis laid back down in his own bed.

Mitch squeezed Alex's hand to get his attention, and Alex opened his eyes a little. "What's wrong, Minnie?"

"I can't stop thinking about it."

Scott inhaled deeply behind Mitch, his hand sliding down to Mitch's stomach, gently rubbing a small circle into his skin. "Mitchie, nothing is going to happen to you. Alex protected you with every chance he got, and I did the same as soon as I met you. Sitting here between us should be one of the most reassuring things you've ever done."

"But it's in my mind, Alpha. He's in my memories. And that's one thing that no one can protect me from."

Scott's eyes opened then, and he kissed the back of Mitch's neck, before the back of his ear. "How can I help you forget, then?"

Mitch smiled a little. "Alpha, you can't... We're in a room with other people. In a bed with other people, even."

"That's not what I--" Scott sighed. "You little minx, not everything I say is intended to be sexual."

"Could've fooled me."

Scott's jaw dropped a little, and he moved his hand from Mitch's shirt to grab his chin and force his head in Scott's direction. "Hey. Do you want my help or not?"

"Yes, Alpha. Sorry... Just... Maybe if you keep kissing me, I'll fall asleep." Mitch suggested, feigning innocence.

Scott shook his head slowly, but leaned forward to peck Mitch's lips once, not wanting to be too explicit in front of Alex, before he slid his hand back underneath Mitch's shirt.

Scott kissed Mitch's ear again, before trailing kisses down Mitch's neck until he hit the neckline of the shirt. "Baby, do you want to take this off?" 

Mitch nodded,  and then struggled for a second to pull it off, tossing it aside, before fixing his boxers and then getting comfortable again. 

Scott continued his trail of kisses down Mitch's spine, but stopped and looked over at Alex. 

Alex stared at him, eyes wide in curiosity. "Can I help at all, Alpha?" 

Mitch looked behind him at Scott. "Can he kiss me too?"