Chapter 46

(A/N)

Guysssss I did something bad... But I can't tell you what it is til after xD

********

Avi was waiting for everyone to sit down for breakfast, before he wanted to speak to them.

Todrick started the conversation, after he sat down he looked to Avi. "I invited Alex, Jake, and Travis over for lunch today, if that's alright. I plan on cooking one of Alex's favorite meals, and... It just reminded me of him, and I wanted to share it with him."

"That's perfectly fine."

Todrick smiled widely, and turned to Kevin. "I think you're really going to like it too."

Kevin shrugged, sneaking his hand under the table to hold Todrick's hand. "I'm sure I'll love it. You never fail to impress me."

Scott was the last to sit down, and though he didn't actually say anything, Avi knew he was purposely avoiding eye contact with him.

Avi shifted in his seat a little, and then spoke loud enough to get all of his members' attention. "If I could just say something really quick... I'm really sorry about what happened the other day with Mitchell. I know I handled the situation badly, and there's no excuse for it."

Mitch looked up from his food at the mention of his name, suddenly reaching over to grab Scott's hand. "Oh, Alpha... You don't have to--"

"Just let me get this out, Peanut." Avi looked down at his plate, not liking how both Betas were staring at him. "I didn't mean to bruise him. And I didn't mean to threaten him the way I did. I just... I guess I was having a really long day, and I wasn't able to control my temper."

Kirstie finally decided she'd like to weigh in, as she attempted to meet Avi's eyes. "But that doesn't give you the right to--"

"I know that. I know. But I'm not as patient as Scott, or as understanding as Jake, or..." He waved a hand dismissively. "But that's besides the point. I just want you all to know that I hadn't intended to hurt him, and I'm sorry I left a bruise on him."

Mitch spoke first. "I forgive you, Alpha."

"I know. But... I just want to remind you that I am so sorry. And... Scott? I didn't mean to hurt him. Regardless of what you think, it was an accident."

Scott met his eyes, this being the first time he'd done so since breakfast started. "I know it was an accident. But that doesn't make it okay. I understand that you're apologetic, as you should be. But... I just can't forgive you yet."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm upset with you. I understand that you regret it, and will do your best not to do it again, but... That seems to be just the human part of me. Because the Alpha part is not happy."

Avi squinted at him a little, taking a moment to process that. "I don't know what you want me to do."

"I don't either. But I know what I feel, so. That's how I'm feeling."

"What more can I do, Scott? I apologized to him, I apologized for my behavior to the others, I--"

"That doesn't automatically make it okay, Avi. Actions speak louder than words. And as far as I've seen, you always treat my Omega worse than the others. But this was just... Too far. And it's not okay."

"That isn't my fault. You know Mitchell and I had a different relationship before--"

"It shouldn't matter! He's still a human being with feelings! As well as a sensitive Omega! And shame on you for taking advantage of that."