Chapter 28

After swapping a few people into the different cars, Mitch seemed a little happier with Kirstie and Alex's bright personalities to make him feel better.

Kirstie leaned toward Mitch as soon as Scott turned back onto the highway. "Before I got out of the car, Todrick asked if he could keep Grace for a little while. Isn't that cute? I think those two Betas will make wonderful parents."

Alex giggled. "He could've just been thinking ahead. Grace probably wouldn't get any sleep in a car full of Omegas. We're too loud."

Mitch scoffed. "I take offence to that. Grace isn't even a year old, and she's already getting picky."

Kirstie raised an eyebrow at him. "Or maybe your sass is rubbing off on her."

"You'd better hope so." Mitch threw back.

Alex just giggled again. "I wish I had your sass, Minnie. It would make life so much more interesting."

Kirstie was the first to respond. "Allie, if you ever find an ounce of attitude in your body, you will surprise me greatly."

Mitch shook his head. "Al can't have an attitude. His kind personality is literally the only thing that makes him an Omega."

Alex giggled again, not sure if Mitch was insulting him, but finding it funny anyway.

Scott turned the car into a shopping plaza, glancing around him quickly before he found what he was looking for.

The Omegas continued talking, but Mitch turned to Scott. "Where are we going?"

"Nowhere specific, babe." Scott mumbled offhandedly, checking to see if Avi followed him, before turning to the small ice cream shop, and parking the car.

Mitch crossed his arms over himself. "You're lying to me, Mr. Grassi-Hoying. And I will not stand for it."

Scott turned the car off when Avi parked beside him, and then turned to smile at Mitch. "Just doing something nice for my husband."

Kirstie opened her door, and then sighed. "You two are so cute, I can't stand it."

**********

Scott paid for all of the Omegas' snacks, and made sure to grab lots of napkins just in case.

Scott then held the door for everyone, as they filtered back outside.

Avi was the last to leave, and he grabbed Scott's arm as he walked by. "It's about two hours from here. I know you didn't sleep a lot, so do you want to stop halfway and trade with one of the Betas or something?"

"No, I'll be fine. Thank you, though."

Travis turned to them. "Scott, would you do me a favor, and let Alex drive for like a half hour or so? I just want to be sure he hasn't forgotten how to do it."

Scott grinned, nodding a few times. "When we get off the highway, I'll give him a turn. And then would you prefer I sit in the passenger seat, just in case he needs help?"

"Yeah, that'd be good. Thank you."

Scott turned back to Avi. "So I'll stop somewhere, when we get close to the house."

Avi nodded once, and then began walking to his car again.

When Scott got back in the car, he glanced around quickly to be sure all the Omegas were buckled, and then started the engine. "Hey, Alex? Travis wants me to let you drive when we get close to home. He just wants to be sure you've still got a handle on it. Is that okay?"