Chapter 26

(A/N)

OKAY SO I'm only showing you this bc I'm super in love with this lip and ALSO I'M SUPER CONCEITED SO

*********

Alex giggled at Kirstie pushing herself into the spot beside him.

He pushed his tray of food toward her. "Want the Jell-O?"

Kirstie glanced at him, and then nodded. "Yes please."

Kevin was standing in the corner of the room with Grace in his arms, Todrick beside him, half asleep.

Travis had fallen asleep in one of the chairs in the room, Jake asleep on his shoulder.

Alex then glanced at the Betas. "Do you guys want anything? I have this... Sandwich looking thing."

Todrick shook his head once, still leaning into Kevin, half asleep. "Nuh uh, Alex. You need to eat, honey."

"I'm not hungry, Sir. Not that I'm arguing with you, or trying to disobey--"

"Alex, baby. I'm sorry. I'm too tired to listen to you ramble. Just eat, please? For me?"

Alex didn't argue, and forced himself to take a bite of his sandwich.

Kevin suddenly spoke to Kirstie. "Kit, would you please take Grace into the other room to see Avi? I'm scared if I don't pay attention, Todrick is going to fall over."

Kirstie nodded, standing immediately to do just that.

Alex moved as far to the side of his bed as he could. "Kev, would it be okay if Toddy laid with me for a bit? He could sleep here."

Kevin nodded, tapping Todrick's shoulder. "Go on. I'm going to check on Mitch, and I'll be right back."

Todrick nodded, already half asleep, and wandered over to throw himself down in the bed next to Alex.

Alex hugged him as well as he could, allowing Todrick to burrow into his chest as he mumbled. "Was worried about you, honey."

"Really?"

"Of course I was. You're my best friend, Allie. I was worried sick."

"I'm sorry to make you worry... But it makes my heart smile to know you're my best friend!"

Todrick smiled a little, eyes still closed, as he grabbed handfuls of the hospital gown on Alex's body. "I love you. I'm so glad you're safe and sound."

Alex hugged him a little tighter, setting his chin on the top of Todrick's head. "I love you more. I'm glad I'm safe too."

Todrick grinned, finally feeling relaxed enough to sleep.

"Um... T? Can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

Alex looked around the room, confirming that they were the only ones awake. "Will you please tell me what happened?"

*********

Mitch ran his hand through Scott's hair while he slept, the others speaking to him though he wasn't really listening.

Avi and Kevin were going over the situation again, but Mitch didn't want to hear it anymore. He knew what happened, and he was grateful he couldn't remember the details.

Scott slowly opened his eyes, looking at Mitch immediately. "Hi, baby. How are you feeling?"

"Good. I was just waiting for you to wake up, before I tried to walk."