Chapter 30

After the ambulances left, Avi said a few more words to a few of the policemen that were cleaning up the accident. One of the officers asked for his contact information, just in case anyone in the accident wanted it.

One of the workers took the dog from Kirstie, most likely going to put it in a shelter until the owner could retrieve him.

Avi walked up to Scott first, who had one arm over Mitch and the other over Todrick. "Is everyone okay, Rookie?"

Scott looked around at all of them, and nodded. "Yeah... Maybe a little shaken up, but..."

Alex was the first to meet Avi's eyes, as he held one of both Travis and Jake's hands. "Are they going to be okay?"

Avi shrugged, taking a step closer to Kirstie to make sure Grace was okay. "I hope so."

Kevin knew that wasn't what Alex wanted to hear, so he turned to smile at him. "I'm sure they'll be fine. It'll be a long process for them, but... You did a good job keeping that man awake. Thank you for helping us."

Alex grinned and nodded, bringing both of his hands up to hold both the Alphas' hands against his chest. "I'm glad I could help! I hope they get better soon."

Avi looked to the rest of them. "I know that was all... Really intense. Is everyone okay? Does anyone need anything?"

Todrick spoke up quietly, now that his brain had finally caught up with what had just happened, finally processed all the blood he'd seen. "Sir, could we go somewhere and just... Sit for a while? I don't feel very good."

Kevin turned to him in an instant, just as Scott pulled him a little closer in hopes of being comforting. Kevin grabbed one of Todrick's hands with a frown. "Honey..."

Todrick shook his head, but didn't meet Kevin's eyes. "No, I'm okay. I just... My stomach isn't really agreeing with me right now."

Avi looked to the other half of them, where Jake and Travis were standing. "Maybe if some of you would like to go home, we could split? Half go home, and half stay for a little while. Or if everyone's okay going somewhere for a bit..?"

Scott pulled Mitch into his other side, watching the officers move the cars to the side of the road. "Avi, all due respect... I'd rather we didn't split up."

Avi followed his eye line, and then nodded. "Alright. Fair enough. Let's all just... We'll drive a little further, and the first, safe building I see, we'll stop. Okay?" He looked pointedly at Todrick.

Todrick nodded, leaning into Scott's side for a moment to enjoy his protective hold. "Thank you, Sir."

**********

Scott followed Avi's car this time, but still kept all the Omegas in his car, Kirstie holding Grace this time rather than the Betas.

The car was quiet for a bit, until Avi pulled over at a small coffee shop.

Scott followed, and then parked beside the other Alpha. He didn't unlock the car though, as he turned to face the Omegas. "Are you guys okay?"

Kirstie smiled and nodded, while Alex kept his eyes on his lap. "Yes, Sir."

Mitch decided to be honest about it. "Well... Joe's friend, I forgot his name... There was lots of blood. Do you think he's going to make it?"

"Well... I don't know, Mitchie. Most likely."

Kirstie raised her hand a little. "Why was that Omega driving?"

Scott turned a little to face her. "She was in an argument with her Alpha. She might've been driving herself to her parents house or something."