Chapter 49

Kevin sat in the passenger seat now, arms crossed over his chest. "I'm not okay with this."

"Kev, honey. Calm down. We're almost there."

"But is it food?"

"Kind of."

"What does that mean, Tod?"

"Just.. You'll see. Okay?"

Kevin frowned, looking out the window.

Todrick finally turned into a driveway, after a total of almost thirty minutes of driving, and parked in front of a house that already had a few cars in front of it.

Kevin leaned forward to see the house. "Todrick... Where are we?"

Todrick just got out of his seat. "Come on, Kev. There's some people I want you to meet."

Kevin got out of the car, hearing it lock, before Todrick walked around to stand beside him. Kevin grabbed his hand. "Tod... I'm nervous."

"Don't be. They'll love you."

"But who is--?"

"You'll see. You trust me, don't you?"

Kevin nodded slowly. "Of course I do."

*********

Scott was now driving Mitch out to their date, and if they were being honest, they were completely winging it.

Scott had pointed to a few places, but nothing really sounded good to Mitch yet.

Scott just continued driving further, not worried about it. Though at some point, he saw a few cars parked beside what looked like a cliff, that led to a river.

Mitch's eyes had gone blue for a moment, and he grabbed Scott's upper arm. "Hey, pull over. Someone's hurt."

Scott obeyed him without question, knowing better than to doubt his instincts.

He considered telling Mitch to wait in the car, but knew Mitch wouldn't listen if he thought he could help.

Scott just locked the car, put the keys in his pocket, and grabbed Mitch's hand as they walked toward the cliff, where the people were gathered.

Scott spoke loud enough to get all of their attention. "Is everyone okay here? My Omega was worried that someone was hurt."

A female Alpha turned to him, her eyes full of tears. "I was just standing here with my Omega, and she.. She fell." She pointed toward her Omega, a little ways down the relatively steep cliff.

The Omega seemed fine, though she was bleeding a little, and visibly terrified.

Scott took a small step forward to lean as much as he felt comfortable with to see her. "Damn... Did you guys call someone?"

A Beta held up his phone. "I'm trying to contact the Counsel right now."

The female Alpha turned back to Scott. "Please help me get her... I can't wait for those people."

Scott squeezed Mitch's hand once, and nodded. "Of course. Maybe I could try to climb down..."

Mitch snapped at him quickly. "No, Alpha. There's a reason that Omega needs help, because it's impossible to get back up."

"But I'm an Alpha, maybe I could try to help? Even if I can't, it'd be better for her to not be alone down there."

The Beta on the phone suddenly hung up. "Wait, I have an idea... How many people do we have here? Five?"