Chapter 13

No one spoke of Travis and Jake's argument for the rest of the day. The two Alphas stayed away from each other to avoid any more arguments, and Alex didn't do much of anything either.

Scott and Mitch had gone down to the beach, Kevin and Todrick taking Alex with them downstairs to look around the hotel.

Jake was so upset, he closed the dividing door between he and Travis, and then didn't speak to him at all.

Mitch held Scott's hand as they walked along the shore of the beach, but he suddenly giggled. "We got our necklaces at a store on the beach. Remember that?"

Scott pulled the necklace out from under his shirt. "Of course I do."

Mitch giggled again. "You're so cute."

Scott grinned, and then glanced over to the sun in the sky, and back down to Mitch. "Are you warm at all? Want me to carry your shirt or something?"

"Nope. I'm perfectly fine. You might be a little warm though..." He checked Scott out once. "Why didn't you wear a short sleeve?"

"I don't know. Do you mind if I..?"

Mitch scoffed, looking up into Scott's eyes. "Do I mind if my extremely attractive husband strips for me? No."

Scott blushed again, looking down at their feet as they walked. "I just wanted to be sure."

Mitch stopped walking, pulling his hand away to cross his arms over his chest. "Come on. Take it off."

Scott blushed even more, but reached past his head to grab the neckline of his shirt, pulling it over his head, before tucking the shirt into the side of his pants to let it drape along one of his legs.

Mitch took a step forward, running the pad of his index finger over his own name on Scott's chest. "Have I ever thanked you for putting this on your skin?"

"I don't know. You might have. But you don't need to."

"Well thank you, anyway." Mitch didn't look back up for a few seconds, just staring at the ink on Scott's skin. "So cute."

Scott grinned down at him. "I've never been so proud of something before."

Mitch finally met his eyes, looking up from under his lashes. "Are you talking about me, or the tattoo?"

Scott blinked a few times. "Well... Both."

Mitch giggled, standing up on his tip toes to kiss Scott quickly. "You're so sweet. Seriously one of the nicest people I've ever come across in my entire life."

Scott blushed a little, but couldn't tear his eyes away from Mitch's. Scott wrapped his hands around Mitch's waist, placing his thumbs on Mitch's hip bones for his own enjoyment. "Thanks."

Mitch glanced off to his side when he felt someone's eyes on him, but saw that it was just two Betas smiling at them, and looked back up to Scott.

Scott tilted his head at Mitch's actions, and first pulled Mitch flush into his body because his instincts screamed at him to 'protect'. "What's wrong? Is someone looking at you in a way you're not comfortable with?"

"No, Sir."

Scott's human aspects kicked back in after he knew his Omega was safe, and he dropped his hands from Mitch's hips. "Oh, I'm sorry. Am I being too touchy? Is it embarrassing? I'll stop..."

"No, Sir, it's nothing like that. I just thought someone was looking, but it was just a few Betas. It's okay." He set his hands on Scott's biceps to calm him. "Turn off that Alpha brain of yours. Everything is okay."