Chapter 9: Don't Look Down

Hey guys! Did you guys read the last chapter? It's the interview I told you about! Go read it if you haven't! Celia and Cameron was in there too. Please vote for the story. I know there are readers who just read but don't vote. Please vote? Because if I don't get votes like I get for Ms Nerd and Mr Jock, I might stop writing. 

Ash x

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 9: Don't Look Down

(...) "Welcome to hell, Fleur." she splashed the coke all over my shirt. 

She. Did. Not. Do. That. 

* * *

"Hey, Fleur. Is the size too small or something? Because my chest is kinda small while yours is-" 

"Shut up, Polly. It's okay, it fits but it's kinda revealing." I couldn't look at myself ever again. I had to change my shirt because Will's shirt was soaked and it could see through so I had to borrow Polly's extra clothes. Her extra clothes were cute dresses which I would never be caught dead wearing...until now. 

"Come on, Fleur. Come out and let me see!" Polly tapped at the door of the cubicle. I sighed and picked up Will's shirt and my jeans. I unlocked the lock and stepped out to let Polly examine. She gasped. Not a good sign.

"You look pretty!" she clapped her hands. Still carrying my clothes, I stood in front of the mirror and looked at a different girl. It was me, but it was like another version of me. She looked so weak and gentle. The light yellow dress that reached her mid thigh was definitely going to catch a few eyes but it was also hard for her to kick ass. 

"I'm going to class. Thanks for the...dress, Polly." I nodded my thanks and picked up my backpack. It was so hard to walk in a dress. The last time I wore a dress was during Uncle Leon and Aunty Isabel's son's birthday. But that was four years ago. 

"Whoa, Fleur." 

"Nice legs."

I kept recieving annoying comments, especially from the male population. Before, I had a peaceful life without them looking at me. 

"Flower." I stopped at my tracks. Only one person would call me that. I looked up from the ground and saw Will leaning against my locker with Ken beside him. Both of them had their mouth opened wide, their eyes looking at me up and down. 

"If you two perverts are done checking me out, can I get to my locker?" I shoved Will away and stuffed my clothes into the locker. I shut it after taking out some of my books and found Ken and Will still staring. 

"What?" I grew annoyed. 

"You. You dress like a cute girl but you walk like a man." Will said slowly. Especially the last part. I walked like a man? Well, that was what I get for wearing my jeans all the time. 

"Well, this would be the last time I wear a dress. Let's get to class, Will." I messed up his hair a bit and pulled Will along. Since I was in the advanced class, why shouldn't I just drag Will along? No harm in that. 

* * *

"I will never wear a dress ever again!" I threw my backpack on Will's bed and sat down on it. 

"Every where I go, I hear guys talking about you. Usually girls would enjoy this kind of popularity." Will said between yawns. He was lying down on the bed with his eyes closed and his arms resting on the back of his head. 

"I am not those kind of girls. Ah! What if tomorrow everyone else is talking about it?!" I sighed. If everyone was still talking about it, my whole school life would be ruined. I used to be the tomboy in school who didn't give a shit about anyone and guys wouldn't stare at me like I was a piece of meat. 

"Let's go out tonight, I don't want to stay at home." I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over my shoulder. Will had one eye opened looking at me. 

"Sure, where?" 

"How about the carnival?" 

"Carnival?"

"You know, the one with the big ferris wheel?" 

My mouth formed an 'O' shape and I nodded. I was actually secretly hoping that we wouldn't have to go on the ferris wheel because I was scared of heights. I took it from my mom's side, she was scared of heights. 

"One more question." 

"What?" 

"Why do you like to come into my room?" this time he was smirking. A blush made it's way to my cheeks. "You look so cute when you blush. It makes you look more...cute." he winked. I threw his shirt at him and ran out of the room. 

What was happening to me? 

* * * 

"Hey! That's my cotton candy!" I smacked Will by the shoulder but he just chuckled and took another bite. 

"It's mine now." he winked at me and took another bite. 

"Then take the whole thing." I shoved the rest of the cotton candy at him. There goes my money, I thought. 

"You take a big bite and the rest will be all mine." he had his playful smile on. He was trying to trick me. Whenever that smile was on, he was up to no good. But taking a bite of the cotton candy wouldn't harm me, right? 

I sighed and took a huge bite. 

"That wasn't so bad right?" 

"Guess not." 

"Wait, you got a little something there." his fingers brushed my lips where there was a tiny cotton candy leftover. "There." 

"So..where are we going now?" all we had done so far was walking around, going on some rides which were boring, and eating a few snacks. 

"There's one more ride we haven't go." my smile dropped. The only thing we haven't been on was the ferris wheel. And that was really high..I don't know if I wanted to go on it. 

"It's high up.." 

"So?"

"I'm afraid of heights." why was I even telling him that?

"Face your fears, Flower! Come on!" he pulled me by the arm towards the long line of people. It must have taken an hour for our turn. 

"Please don't move so much." my grip on Will's wrist tightened until my knuckles turned white. I bet I looked pale by now. 

"You meant like this?" he moved his legs and the whole thing shook slightly. 

"Stop that!" Don't cry, Fleur. Don't cry. 

"Come here." an arm wrapped around me and pulled me. "Don't look down." Will placed a hand behind me head and pressed me against his chest. For once, I didn't pulled away. 

____________________________________________________

Please vote. There would be lots of drama soon. BTW, if I don't get enough support, I will lose the determination to write and stop writing.