Chapter 4

CHAPTER FOUR

"Breathe Fleur, breathe!" Max was fanning me with a book he found somewhere in the kitchen. I couldn't go out there, not when Will was there! Sure, it made my heart beat stopped for a second when I caught sight of him. But I'm sure he was already with someone else, or maybe even forgotten about me. Because if he did want to see me, he would've at least called. Max frowned at me and stopped fanning me. Instead, he freaking slapped me. 

     "Why did you do that for?!" I screamed at Max who looked unfazed. 

     "Fleur, man up. So what if the guy you're obsessed with is out there-"

     "I'm not obsessed with Will!" I cut him off but he pretended like I hadn't said anything. 

     "-, you're a waitress in here. So just get out there and serve the customers!" He crossed his arms and slowly shook his head. Liv was flipping through a magazine, completely ignoring the both of us. So I couldn't get any help from her.

     "But Max-" he cut me off by holding up one of his hand.

     "Okay fine. You can wear this." He shoved a blonde wig at me and rolled his eyes. I examined the wig in my hand and held it up. It was straight and long, it might even reach my waist. Hmm...a blonde Fleur. The thought reminded me of Tiana for some reason.

     "Okay." I put the wig on and adjusted it a bit. Once my brown hair was no longer in sight and the blonde 'hair' replaced it, I walked to a mirror located outside the bathroom and examined myself. No one could actually know it was me because I looked so different, but if you look really closely, you could tell.

     "Thanks, Max." I said as I entered the kitchen and put on my working clothes. Ignoring Max who was mouthing 'Drama Queen' at me, I exit the kitchen and entered into hell.

~Will~

     "The food here is delicious!" Debby, one of Will's co-worker exclaimed. Will shook his head and sighed. The food hadn't arrive yet so how did Debby even know how the food tasted like? He thought. Debby wasn't the smartest person alive, but she had a kind soul and Will was more than happy to have a nice person working in the company. Although at times, she could be a little annoying.

     The kitchen door flung open and two waitresses appeared with trays in their hand, which contained food. One of them were smiling at the group of workers. She had auburn hair and green eyes that looked like gems. Following behind her, a waitress who had straight blonde hair had her eyes fixed on the ground. That made Will a little more curious. So far, he hadn't met a girl who wouldn't look at him. So far every human who was a female had kept their eyes on him for at least five seconds. What made this waitress so different? Will thought. 

     She didn't even make eye-contact with Will as she slowly placed the crab puffs on the middle of the table. Her friend sent her a smile and nodded at the kitchen door. Slowly, she nodded back and the both of them started walking back to the kitchen. But something caught Will's attention. A strand of brown hair appeared at the side of her hair.

     "Miss..." Will remembered that he didn't even know who the lady was, let alone her name.

     "Miss Tyler." She said, without turning around. Something deep down Will stirred as he remembered 'Tyler' being the last name of the girl he once loved. He shook the thought away and smiled at the waitress anyways.

~Fleur~

     Oh God, Oh God, Oh God. Will hadn't recognize me, had he? If he did, what would happen?! Venus, my auburn-haired friend placed a hand on my shoulder and nodded at my back. I looked over my shoulder and tried to see what was she trying to say. 

     My freaking hair was showing.

     I frozed. My eyes slowly turned to Will who was staring at my hair and then his eyes traveled to my face. I gulped, now was probably the time to run. 

     I quickly went the kitchen and hid there. I heard the kitchen door opening and closing. "Miss Tyler?" Will's voice called out but I stayed silent at my hiding spot, which was next to the cabinet where the workers put their stuff inside. 

     I held my breath and prayed to God that Will wouldn't find me. I decided to sneak a peak and see if Will was still there. He was standing there, his back facing me. He did something I realized he'd done when he was usually nervous or anxious; stuffing his hands in his pockets. 

     "I must've imagined her..." I heard him muttered something to himself. 

     A pang of guilt hit me and tears were trying to push themselves out. Because of me leaving Will, he was like that? He thought I was Fleur, well, I was but he thought I was someone else and that he'd imagine I was Fleur. I saw him raked his hand through his hair and grumbled. 

     It was now...or never...right?

     "Will..." I stepped out of the space behind the cabinet and stood behind Will. Slowly he turned around and a shocked look crossed his face. His eyes darted to my hair and then back to my face. I frowned and slowly took off my wig. My brown hair slowly fell on my shoulders and reached my waist. His eyes widened even more, if that was possible. 

     "Fleur Tyler." He kept his voice formal and tried not to make it sound too shaky. His shocked look was then quickly replaced with a serious look. "I haven't seen you for a long time. Nice to see you again." He held out a hand to me, waiting for me to shake. Instead, I locked eyes with him for a few seconds and threw my arms around him. 

     "I missed you, Will!" I got a little annoyed when he didn't respond back. So, I pulled away and narrowed my eyes at him. It was Will, I was sure. But why wasn't he the same guy I knew before? 

     "Fleur, Happy Birthday." He gave me a quick smile before leaving me, gawking at him as he left. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, before you guys go all ninja on Will, please know that Will has his reasons. I'm not going to spill it all out, that's why I'm writing in a third person form every time I write about Will. And...BIG NEWS. From this chap onwards, you'll be experiencing a emotional roller coaster ride which would send you happy one second and angry the next. :D

Happy reading! xD