Chapter 13: Unexpected Sleepover

Hey! My reading list is so full! :( Once I'm done with the story, my other stories would take three days just for me to upload once. Sowie! 

More than 10 votes! :D

- A

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 13: Sleepover

Running in a corset dress was extremely difficult, almost as difficult as trying to say M without closing your mouth. 

But that didn't stop the three of us from running. Jeff tossed his necktie away and his mask as he ran. I was almost out of breath, plus the dress was so tight, so not much oxygen would enter my lungs. Not helping, really. 

When we reached the car, Will was desperately fumbling for his keys. Why was he so scared anyways? Oh right, Lance the cousin wanted to kill the three of us. When he found the right key, he quickly unlocked the car and we got in. 

"Why the rush, Will? There's three of us and one of him." that didn't make sense though, because if the three of us worked together we could have taken him down. So why was Will so...scared? 

"Didn't you see his 'buddies'? He brought them to the party because he knew I would bring you and Jeff over here to the party. He would take the chance to kill all three of us. You know how many 'buddies' he had? Four." four plus a crazy Lance who wanted to kill us. 

"Why don't you just go to the police?" I had wanted to ask that for a long time but I always forget. 

"Because we don't have evidence that Lance wants to kill us."

We didn't really have any evidence that Lance was out to get us, so I guess we had to deal with him alone. Plus with that looks of his, no one would actually believe he'd dare to murder someone, let alone harming a girl. That reminded me of my wound at my arm. 

I was running out of clothes that would cover up my wound though, so I had to borrow Will's clothes again. When we reached Will's place, the first thing I did was take a cold shower, even if it did make my wound sting like crazy. 

* * * 

The next day in school didn't help my mood at all. Liv was irritating as ever and the fact that people kept bumping into my arm wasn't helping at all. Jeff and Will gave me worried looks when they passed by but tried not to get too much unwanted attention by talking to me. Some people in school were still talking about the incident so we tried not to talk to each other much. 

At lunch, Jeff would join the four of us but we wouldn't talk much, especially the topic where Lance was in. 

Girls still flirted with Will and somehow that bothered me a little. Even if he didn't responded to their actions, it still bothered me that he was getting so much attention from the female population of the school. 

"You looked bothered." Ken nudged me when I was deep in my thoughts. My attention turned to Ken and narrowed my eyes at him. "You look annoyed at something. And you keep muttering something like Lance. Who's Lance? A boyfriend or something?" 

With that, I slapped his back and he winced a little. Thanks to the training I had, I was much more stronger than normal girls. Jeff and Will looked at Ken with narrowed eyes when they heard Lance's name being mentioned. 

"Did you said Lance?" Will's grip on his spoon tightened. 

"Yeah, do you guys know a Lance? Is he a friend or foe?" 

"No, we don't. I'm going to class first. Bye, Flower." Will stood up, picking up his tray and nodded at me. I knew what he meant, we would talk later along with Jeff. Jeff somehow got the message and excused himself to go to class too. Can they be more suspicious?

"So, I see the three of you are close friends. What happened?" Polly stared at me with her infamous stare. She would only use that stare when she suspected something going on and she didn't know about it. But I couldn't just tell her everything, she would be in danger even if she didn't believe any of it. 

"Yeah, we are." 

"Mind telling me the whole story?" 

"Erm, my..mom found out that Jeff is..a long lost friend and so Jeff..stayed over at Will's..with me. And we had fun together..fighting each other." I tried giving her a convincing smile. Thank God she just let it slide and went with it. 

* * * 

"I bet Polly interogate you after we left?" Jeff asked as I climbed into the front seat of Will's car. Will's car had a lavender smell which always caught my attention when I get in. Jeff was at the back seat, looking through a magazine, his earphones dangling at his neck. 

"You bet. I couldn't tell her or else she would be in danger." I slipped on the seat belt. 

"Good thinking. Ken kept asking us and we had to come up with a really smart answer." Jeff said and smirked. Oh how I hated that smirk. 

"Guys, what did you guys told him?" 

"That the both of us are babysitting Will." 

I sneaked a glance at Will who had an annoyed look plastered on his face. Jeff was just laughing at the back seat while trying to breathe. 

* * * 

"Will, go get the door." 

"Jeff, go get the door." 

"Aw, come on guys. What if that's Lance?" I looked up from my chemistry book and stared at Jeff. The door bell had rang for the last three minutes and each of us were too lazy to go get it. Whoever that was at the other side of the door must have lots of patience because they must have been staying there at least three minutes already. 

"If it was Lance, he would have knock the door down. Just go get the door, coward." Will rolled his eyes. I guess Will wasn't over what Jeff told Ken. But Jeff was the only one who wasn't busy at the moment. I was doing my chemistry homework while Will was feeding Rosco. Jeff was just laying on the couch so he should be the one who gets the door. 

Jeff finally stood up and walked towards the front door. Then I heard that familiar squeal. Uh-oh. What was Polly doing here? If Lance had one of his men spying at Will's mansion and saw Polly entering, she would be listed on Lance's killing list!

"Polly! What are you doing here?!" I meant for it to sound worried but it came out like I was angry. Polly looked hurt for awhile there before returning back to her usual self. 

"Since Jeff  and you are here, I wanna sleepover too!" she produced a pink luggage from behind her. 

The lights went out in an instant and Rosco started barking. An intruder was in the house. But Polly was here! She couldn't be here or else Lance would definitely hurt her!

"Such bad timing, Lance." I heard Jeff muttered. 

Definitely bad timing.