13 ✿ Garden

Dedicated to anyone that wants #Kaorose moments. This chapter is for you; thanks for supporting "Blossoms", I'm so grateful.

Kaoru Hitachiin

"Come on, don't slow down on me now!"

With Rose behind him, Kaoru led the way to the back glass doors of the mansion, where the outside depicted a darkening yet lovely atmosphere, and then there stood a tall boy, fidgeting with the spectacles on his nose as he watched the two prance near the doors.

"Hi Kyoya!" Rose chirped, raising out her palm to wave as Kaoru did the same except keep a stiffening grin, and with one push of the doors swinging outwards, Rose pranced outside, engaging herself with the backyard of the Hitachiin residence.

"Kaoru, a word?" Kyoya asked, raising his hand to adjust his tie and Kaoru nodded, walking towards the tall male as he cleared his throat, "Where's Hikaru?"

Kaoru responded, "getting screamed at by the boss. I was too but then I managed to slip past him. Plus, I wanted to show Blossom our garden."

"I see, but won't Hikaru be a bit upset that Rose is with you?"

"Even if he is... it's okay," Kaoru gave a reassuring smile, and laid a hand on the birthday boy's shoulder, patting him slightly.

"Rose looks delightful, doesn't she?"

"The thing is Kyoya-Senpai..." Kaoru murmured, fighting back a soft chuckle as he fiddled with his fingers. "It's a funny thing, you know? These emotions," he spoke hilariously. "I feel something weird about Blossom, I have been for a while ever since I laid eyes on her and—I can't—I just—"

"Don't keep Rose waiting, Kaoru," Kyoya smiled, closing his eyes as he rested his intertwined fingers on his chest.

"Kyoya-Senpai?"

"What is it?"

"Tell Hikaru I'm with Rose," he glanced up at Kyoya. "Please."

That was when Kyoya nodded. And so, the joy consumed within Kaoru as he wondered about Rose's presence near the outdoors that were over encumbered with fully grown flowers and beautiful types of plants; with his teeth gritted in a harsh set, earlier he was a regular person fulfilled with excitement to be around his friends but when experiencing a moment alone with Rose, he turned into a clock that wouldn't stop ticking, becoming an overwound.

* * * * *

Leaving Kyoya out of his line of sight, Kaoru engaged his irises upon Rose, who was gaping at the massive garden that was bellowed before her very own eyes. With a slow step at a time as she walked down the small stairs that connected to the well designed porch, she grinned ear-to-ear in pure astonishment; pink resting on her cheeks as Kaoru smiled in pure, sublime awe.

"The garden is beautiful, oh my God," Rose spoke out, letting the scent of sprouted daffodils take over her nose as she softly swayed her fingers around the blossoming sweet peas, an enchanting smile grazing upon her lips as she chuckled in an enticing way. "I've fallen in love with your backyard."

Kaoru hopped down the steps, hands tucked in his pockets as he followed Rose with a small grin on his face, and he walked around Rose to give a slow turn while heading towards the graceful fountain that was specifically built for the Hitachiin backyard.

"Okay, your place makes mine officially look like shit," Rose joked, raising her finger to point at the fountain. "I didn't realize you guys had a fountain and man, it has been a while since I came over."