09 ✿ Shopping

Dedicated to hello_hitsuji because her Hikaru Hitachiin fanfiction "Misunderstood" is a gift from the heavens above and I love how it's written, so please check it out! She's also super sweet and lovely, and that's why I dedicate this chapter to her.

Rosaline Blossom

"So, let me get this straight..." Spencer spoke up, wiping his mouth that was coated with marinara sauce as he dipped one of the cheesy breadsticks into the substance and then sloppily placed the food close to his mouth. "You and Bastard Number One are going to be together shopping today, and you're not even planning on making a move. For God's sake, Ro—"

"Don't get mad," Rose huffed, tugging on the collar of her floral top and then went straight to toying with the ends of her sweater. "There's no point. He doesn't feel the same way."

"Rose, honey," Spencer joked and he shook his head, crumbling down a breadstick in his hands before wiping his mouth with his garlic scented fingers. "It has been a year already since you liked this guy. If anything, you're in love with—"

"No. No chance, no way."

"Lemme finish, Jesus," he irked out a response and licked his fingers childishly, and then shot his eyes back at his younger sister before retrieving another breadstick. "I know that he doesn't feel the same way, but that doesn't mean you should give up. Maybe. I don't know, ask him out on a legit date, maybe hold his hand so you two won't get lost or something."

Rose snorted audibly, crossing her arms as she shook her head in disapproval. "He'll be uncomfortable with it. Maybe he'll think it's weird or something."

"Here's the thing: Hikaru is a big dumbass, if I could add 'dumbass' to his specifically titled name as Bastard Number One for me, I would and yes, I'm forever calling him that; along with Kaoru, he's the second bastard."

"Hikaru isn't a—"

"He is one for not realizing that you're practically 'heart-eyes' in front of him. So today, go out there and show him what he's missing; you look cute, as always, so now take a little risk and flirt a little," Spencer took a moment to chew, and then removed some crumbs on his lips as he licked them away along with a bit of the marinara sauce. Soon, he scrunched up his nose. "I know you're gonna say that Hikaru loves Haruhi and blah, blah, this shit and that shit and I want you to shut the fuck up—kindly, please do—and listen," Rose raised an eyebrow. "Take a risk, I feel like Hikaru won't realize his true feelings unless he knows what he's missing, so when you see him, show him what he's missing!"

Rose nodded, not really sure how to respond. "Okay."

"And Rosie?"

"Yeah?"

"Tell him how you feel."

"No way in hell."

"Not like that," he clarified, raising a finger up while licking some melted cheese off his thumb. "I meant like, if Hikaru constantly talks about Haruhi so much to the point where you want to rip his goddamn head off—and I know you won't because you're practically worshipping him—but just, look, Rose, you gotta tell him how you feel."

Rose stayed quiet and after a few seconds of silence, she moped, "I mean, not my actual feelings right?"

"Jesus, bless your damn heart if you actually tell your true feelings. I'll actually give you an award for doing something that accomplishing, but I know you better than I know myself, and what I know about me is that I have balls and you don't—"