Affair(Mark)

Jack and Eanna had been hanging out non stop outside the house for about a week now, and I'd never seen Jack happier. He was laughing and joking, they shoved each other playfully all the way up the street to the house. They held hands, leaning their heads on each other's shoulders.

I went inside and waited. I got up as they walked in, still laughing.

"Man I've missed you Jackie." Eanna chuckled.

"Hey guys."

"Hi Mark." Jack laughed, coming over and kissing my cheek.

"Hi babe. Can you come with me upstairs for a moment?" I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

I pulled Sean into our room and shut the door.

"Mark what's wrong?"

"You and Eanna." I pushed him gently onto the bed.

"Mark he's my friend."

"I think he's a little more than that." My voice was full of dry anger.

"You think- you.... You think I'm cheating on you!?" He stood.

I nodded. "Yeah. I do."

"He's my friend! I haven't seen him in years! Yeah he's bi. Yeah we had a thing back when the band was still together. But I love you. I married you for fucks sake!"

"You two were a thing?"

"Friends With Benefits, but yeah. Mark. I love you. We had a falling out which is why the band broke up." Jack crossed his arms, raising his voice.

"So the holding hands and whatnot? Leaning on each others shoulders?" I met his volume.

"His parents are strict Catholic. He has to hide at home! He's happy about being able to show who he is and not get belt-whipped until he can't even cry for it!" Jack was screaming now.

I opened my mouth to speak, and spoke softly. "I'm so sorry Sean... I- I didn't know..."

"Damn right you didn't know."

There was a soft knock on the door.

"Come in."

Eanna opened the door. He was in tears. "Jack... I... I'm going home. I heard you two... and and I don't want to get in the way."

"E, no. Don't go just because of what he said. You're my friend. Stay as long as you want. You don't have to go where you don't feel safe."

I walked over to where Eanna leaned on Jack's shoulder.

"Eanna?" I said, resting a hand on his back.

He looked up at me.

"I've heard the guest bedroom is a lot more comfortable than the couch."

Jack's head whipped up in shock, as Eanna's eyes widened in shock and gratitude.

"Are- are you sure..." The guitarist mumbled.

"Absolutely. Go move your stuff. Sean'll be down in a minute to help you."

He left, and Jack followed. I grabbed Sean's sleeve and dragged him back into the room.

I cupped his cheek in my hand, my other hand on his hip. I wiped a tear from his face with a thumb. "Sean I'm so sorry I thought you could ever cheat on me..." I felt myself start to cry.

"I'm sorry you did too." He pulled away and walked out the door.